Silverado 3500HD Paint Correction

I used to hand was my vehicles. Now I'm too busy and go through automatic wash. I know, shame on me.

Paint needed corrected. Just got it back front my local guy....

IMG_20200506_184132.jpg

IMG_20200506_184240.jpg

IMG_20200506_184306.jpg

Originally Posted by ls1mike
That looks really nice. Do mind if I asked what he charged?

$150. Wash, correction, and sealant

Originally Posted by 97prizm
That's a deal. Larger places in Colorado are charging $250-350 for that.

Yep up here in the Seattle area it's $500-700

Originally Posted by Phishin

For $150 I think you probably received an "enhancement polish" with an AIO product or a very quick pass using a medium polish. This process will definitely restore some amount of gloss to the finish but I would not consider this to be a true correction.

Regardless, that is a great price for a vehicle of your size and the important thing is that you are happy with the results.

I need sunglasses that thing shines so much!!!!

Honestly proper detailing is not a science. It's what works well for your application. For that truck i'd pay $150 all day for results like that regardless of how they achieved it.

If in a week scratches and love marks do not reappear, then it was done right, and you may want to consider a $50 diy 1 year ceramic sealant to maintain it looking that way! Or for $15 try the new released Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating. Its a game changer that is going to make the professional product companies rethink their formulas.

Keep an eye out for holograms from the polisher in direct sun after the first couple washes when the initial gloss wears off. If he did it right you got the deal of the century on a vehicle that large.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by Phishin

For $150 I think you probably received an "enhancement polish" with an AIO product or a very quick pass using a medium polish. This process will definitely restore some amount of gloss to the finish but I would not consider this to be a true correction.

Regardless, that is a great price for a vehicle of your size and the important thing is that you are happy with the results.

I had some serious scratches in the clear coat from the automatic car wash. I most of them can in the winter when it was really cold and the brushes were "frozen". I could hear it actually "thudding" against my truck. I knew it was a mistake/problem as I was going through...but nothing I could do at that point.

I don't really care what "procedure" or products were used. At this point in time, I'm extremely happy with the results. As others have pointed out, I'll give feedback here in a few weeks and see if I'm still happy with the finish.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Keep an eye out for holograms from the polisher in direct sun after the first couple washes when the initial gloss wears off. If he did it right you got the deal of the century on a vehicle that large.

Isn't that why you are supposed to finish with a fine polish before wax?

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

Ideally yes. Then you've got more of gray area with one step products, some of which are great and have their place; kind of like Chick Fil A where you get everything as one meal v. a sit down restaurant with separate courses.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal

Ideally yes. Then you've got more of gray area with one step products, some of which are great and have their place; kind of like Chick Fil A where you get everything as one meal v. a sit down restaurant with separate courses.

I've seen that mentioned on the Chemical Guys youtube channel. I am neutral on their products but their one host "Nick" is actually really good at explaining things.

Back