Any paratroopers here?

Any service, country, and number/type of jumps report in.
US Army here 1990 82d Airborne and other units. Infantry, line and recon platoons, 22 jumps.
Wish I could do it again. Not the civilian style but full tactical at night out of a C-130 or C-141.

2-airborne-jc-findley.jpg

Last edited:
Five Jump Chump!

I took my very first plane ride in August of 1988, jumping out of a C-141 and landing in what was it, Fryar Drop Zone?

First time I flew commercial I asked the flight attendant what it was like to land with the plane. I said I'd flown five times, but always jumped out of the plane, so landing would be a new experience for me.

I thought you Army guys liked the buddy jump the best? Thanks for your service.
grin2.gif

I went to a Pershing II unit in Germany in the fall of 1988, after graduation from Signal Office Basic and COMSEC Custodian School at Ft Gordon, then Jump School at Ft Benning.

The only way I was jumping again was if I was strapped to one of the missiles like Slim Pickens in Dr Strangelove.

Thank you for your service. Something you could do is try making a civilian paint ball jump. You and a team of jumpers battle a team on the ground. Texas is the place to make it happen.

Originally Posted by javacontour
Five Jump Chump!

Me too but not in the military.

Was in a fly/jump club back in St.Louis.

The last four jumps were from 10,000 feet and landed safely in all five jumps.

There is no experience like jumping from 10.000 feet.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Also how do I get that Military Veteran avatar?

Done!
34.gif

Flag case I made to honor my dad (wings added later). Master sergeant, Tanker, 11th. Airborne. Fort Campbell. 76th. Tank. Battalion. European immigrant after brutal post WWII conditions. He loved America like no other.

[Linked Image]

My son was. He was with the 506th in Afghanistan. Two tours. Lots of combat, but no combat jumps. All his jumps were stateside. EIB, CIB, Pathfinder, BSM w/ V. Home, discharged, now with an MBA.
I did 3 years as an 11-B, and never left the States.

My brother-in-law was a paratrooper in the Canadian Army in the late 1950's. His service was cut short when the next guy out of the airplane jumped on top of his opening or just opened chute. They rode down together and my BIL wrecked both of his knees. He had a good record so they carried him to the end of his (I believe) 3 year agreement, then discharged him medically.

He had been quite an athlete but wasn't able to play sports (outside of a bit of golf) after that. Finally had a knee replacement 40+ years later. He could finally run again, though with his knee prosthesis wasn't supposed to.

Seven years jump status 82d. Still Active Duty, but now 55 years old, I work behind a desk.........

11b in the 1-505th. PIR, 82nd Airborne. 2007-2012. 35 or so jump from C-130s, C-17s, and UH60s. One deployment to Iraq.

Back