Tried TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax

I tried the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax and thought it was great, but I'm not hard to please when it comes to waxing cars. I may have waxed cars maybe five times in the last 20 years. I love my cars but am not particularly fussy about washing and waxing. I do wash more often than wax and am very on-board with oil changes and preventive maintenance. But waxing, not so much.

Anyway, I washed a section like the roof or hood and then applied the Ceramic Wet wax. It was very easy and only took a little longer than a normal wash. Way easier than the waxes that had to be rubbed in then wait 'til they dry and buff out. I could see myself actually using this TW Ceramic Wet Wax fairly often.

My questions concern washing the car now. I used to use Maguire's wash with wax in it. Is it OK to use that when I next wash the car now that I've applied the Ceramic wet wax? When I want to apply the Ceramic again, should I use some other war wash that doesn't have wax in it? If so, any suggestions on a good wash that doesn't have wax already in it?

Thanks for any suggestions. I would like to use this Ceramic Wet wax more often. It was that easy.

I've also had good results with the Maguire's wet ceramic. I've not had any issues using my Maguire's wax containing wash on subsequent washes. I've subsequently used Griots spray on 3 in 1 ceramic (which I love) and washed with Maguire's. No problems.

However, there was a weird combo of ceramic wax and an Arrow Magnolia dry wash product I have for aircraft, that caused some streaky results (the Arrow Magnolia product is a great cleaner and really easy to use, but it's really for aircraft) . I don't think you'll experience those issues.

My point is that the ceramic waxes contain SiO2 and are likely to behave the same way. I see them as trouble-free.

Last edited:
Back