Can I use collinite after turtle wax ceramic?

I would do the opposite. Coat with Collinite and follow up with the Hybrid spray. Remember seeing a video for Meguiar's version and they even recommended it.

Agree. ceramic coating always goes on first, topped with whatever you want. You may find it's not necessary to top the TW ceramic coating. I applied it by itself a few months back and the shine, gloss and beading are fantastic.

Hey guys. I have a 9 year old Hyundai. It never got any special attention for the paint. I just used the same jug of Armor All wash and wax. Washed the car with a horse hair brush by hand. Sprayed it off when done. Water always beaded in fine drops when it rained over 9 years. I don't wash it very often. Maybe 4 or 5 times a year at the most. Goes for long periods with road hash all over it being baked in the sun. I wash it and the paint beads water like new again. Paint is like new still. 200k miles and 9 years later. I don't know if its the Armor All wash and wax just being that good or if any wash and wax will do it but these are my results. Spend your time elsewhere or wash your car twice as much. Spend your time on more important things. Just some helpful words from an old lazy guy who used to wax his cars when he was a young man.

That's not a true ceramic. I would use the Collinite first. That Turtle wax is just for a quick touch up shine.

Try a test panel and see how it holds up for a month, if you can see/like the final glow. No need to do the whole car when you can do a fender, half the hood, or another part in a few minutes as a test.

Worse case the collinite removes most of the TW and you have collinite. Best case you get collinite on top as a sacrificial layer and the TW below as a ceramic protection.

Either way you're not hurting the paint.

PS - collinite 915 will give the warmest glow as it is the most carnuba. total pain to remove and get wanting the protection of others where you are.

Last edited:
If you want to use the easy spray on, use only that. If you want to do it right, it doesn't involve spraying on anything. Spray on is great if it is easy enough to motivate you to do it rather than putting it off, but use it like it's meant to be used.

Originally Posted by loneryder
That's not a true ceramic. I would use the Collinite first. That Turtle wax is just for a quick touch up shine.

that's not accurate. watch the many youtube reviews by Professional detailers...this stuff is the real deal. It's not just a spray on, quick shine. It's a spray on quick shine that gives you months of protection, gloss and beading. I've used it, I'm a believer, and I have a cabinet full of various waxes, polishes and sealants that I've used through the years. This type of product is a game changer.

Put the new Griots spray on ceramic coating in the same category..great stuff.

Originally Posted by loneryder

Sorry - - The turtle wax has sio2 in it - - there are ceramics in the formula - It is not a touch up shine product.
It easily lasts 6 months with one coat.

The TW stuff is fantastic - - - so easy to use.
2 coats 24 hours apart and the stuff has a great deep gloss to it. Even hides some light scratches.

I threw out everything else I have in my detail kit.

Yep. I am now a big fan of spray on sealant wax such as TW SNS. Easy, no mess, fast and efficient! No need to use painter's tape to mask the trims. I no longer use Jescar Sealant and other sealants. TW SNS to just really makes life easier.

Back