Anyone keep all their rides 100% Stock?

Same here I have a 1996 VW Golf and 1994 Honda Accord, haven't changed a thing from stock other than replace tires with different brand, everything else is OEM.
My feeling is for regular cars why mess with success.Both have been bulletproof and reliable the VW slightly better than the Accord with about the same mileage on them both.

Not sure exactly what you mean when you say stock. I use aftermarket parts, so technically not 100% stock. But I don't modify. Mostly a waste of money.

I'll use OEM parts if reasonably-priced, but not exclusively and probably not if they don't appear to be tangibly better.
For example, the Sienna has an Everstart Maxx and the Camry a Superstart Extreme. The Sienna needed a battery when at Walmart, conveniently, but I sought out an East Penn battery for the Camry based on research.
Wiper blades are probably some Rain-X or Michelins from Walmart or wherever. Brake pads I'm not fussy about - usually a mid-line store brand for these (BrakeBest Select Ceramics or something like that).
If I'm going to the trouble of ordering air filters online, I'll probably buy OEM. But if an OEM cabin filter is twice the price of a cheapo, I'll save the $10.
Spark plugs would be an OEM item, or at the very least, a well-proven substitute, given the difficulty of changing them. Ditto for other more critical parts.
A lot of the time, you wouldn't have too much choice (if your alternator dies along I-70, you'll probably get whatever the shop can get next day on the truck).
That's my thinking on this - just a case-by-case sort of thing for me.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Not sure exactly what you mean when you say stock. I use aftermarket parts, so technically not 100% stock. But I don't modify. Mostly a waste of money.

Yes I am referring to actual mods. I don't count exact replacement aftermarket parts or a different tire brand as a real mod.

Its hard to not personalize it to some degree... but my Chrysler 300 I have left all stock, mainly for the fact I see so many with ugly (to me) aftermarket wheels and other aftermarket items that mine being all stock looks good and different because its stock.

When it comes to classic cars, yeah i do, i guess i consider myself a "Purist" , in fact i've replaced a few parts on my cars that did not need replacing just to return them back to factory correct state.
Yes, i even have changed hose clamps for original ones and spark plug wires.
However i'm not the kind that hates on people who mod their cars.

The Ram will be getting a few mods, headlights and all terrain tires on the factory 17" wheels, maybe a Magnaflow muffler for a very mild exhaust note, and some running boards. I will never put another "cold air" intake on one of my vehicles again though.

i do for my leased cars unless.. a ron jon surf shop and esso boy decal are modifications.

Last edited:
LMAO,, yeah buddy,,come on, my 2005 lead sled Buick ,,lol, ancient technology all the way...but I can still find the dip stick

Pretty much stock with the exception of:

- struts (KYB),
- battery (the top Walmart one),
- tires (Yokohama Avid Envigor and Avid Ascend GT)
- air filter (Fram Ultra),
- oil filter (Fram Ultra)
- cabin filter (Fram)

on my 06 Sentra Spec V.

I had the crankshaft position sensor changed with an OEM, at the advice of my mechanic and others. Ditto my spark plugs coming stock with the specified NGK platinum. If I change the valve gasket cover, (has a bit of a leak), it'll be OEM as well.

Last edited:
Back