Baldwin B7449

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
Thinking this is the first Baldwin I didn't screw on a big yellow motor. Used on 2018 5.3L for 5k.
Did not change M1 AFE 0w20 ... put on XG10575 and topped up with a quart of ST HD30.
Dipstick is after 20 miles

01DF3CDA-FD26-45BB-82C4-63BCBF9AB2D2.jpeg

BC4F4F97-6515-4FE3-9FF8-FD5AEE10B599.jpeg

911246F8-89A6-47D8-B495-650A2EACC1C7.jpeg

AEE51B8E-1A29-47D7-8D67-C824E5FC14A6.jpeg

B854A808-D0C5-4D76-82A1-BF7912E64B86.jpeg

3A56C94D-1122-4165-B41A-EA36BB05A37F.jpeg

Never really impressed with Baldwin filters. They are OK but not priced particular low relative the price. Plenty of other equal value filters in that price range that are readily available.

What is the attraction to them?

I can take or leave them … been on the shelf a while …
Baldwin posted the PRV pressure rating (and other specs) back when Fram was too low
… and I had not grown used to eCore. I now use PF63E most often.
The Fram was a 5 year old filter with low PRV.

Looks like a well made filter
Nitrile ADBV still looks pliable and soft
Pleats look normal
Thanks for the post !ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Pleats look normal
Thanks for the post !ðŸ‘

Yes, it's a two piece ADBV and it was holding … hence able to get a fresh quart back in.
They don't use plastic parts or leaf springs … all metal (coil spring) 20 psi PRV …
Main spring is a coil spring …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Pleats look normal
Thanks for the post !ðŸ‘

Yes, it's a two piece ADBV and it was holding … hence able to get a fresh quart back in.
They don't use plastic parts or leaf springs … all metal (coil spring) 20 psi PRV …
Main spring is a coil spring …

Have anymore pics to show ?

Originally Posted by tenderloin
Tough crowd here. kstanf150 is spot on. From what we can see this filter looks more than OK in my opinion. Priced about .50 above Fram Extra Guard. Why the negativity?

tenderloin
Great question
Negativity has become the norm on this site as I posted on another thread about boutique oils
If 4wd wants to spend $100 bucks on a oil filter WHO gives a rats A**
Just like us guys who are willing to pay $10 bucks a quart for oil !!!!

It's our money
Who should care other than the spender !!!!
Thanks tenderloin for your comment !

4wd
Go buy some more high dollar filters and enjoy !!🤣🤣

Still have the parts … could probably zoom in on PRV … but it's almost identical to Wix XP …

Nothing wrong with Baldwin/Clarcor filters! Except for their Duramax fuel filters which are offshore junk....Even though Clarcor in now part of Parker/Hannifin which also owns Racor that makes the OE Duramax fuel filters.

Ok … but it was under $8 and free shipping for two … my only real BITOG sin was one Royal Purple 20-500

Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok … but it was under $8 and free shipping for two … my only real BITOG sin was one Royal Purple 20-500

Only one sin !!!🤔
Dang your better than the average bear around here sir !!

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
Never really impressed with Baldwin filters. They are OK but not priced particular low relative the price. Plenty of other equal value filters in that price range that are readily available.

What is the attraction to them?

The places that sell them are not irritating like the chain stores.

Well … did run that RP 10k and was forgiven by a handful ...Ž

Originally Posted by 4WD
Well … did run that RP 10k and was forgiven by a handful ...Ž

Hey
Even one forgiven around here is equal to million elsewhere
...³...³ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks good man... You actually did some work for a change.. feeling all right ??

lol.gif

Dude … did that little job with an LED light before sunrise … hauled stuff to San Antonio (165 miles each way) and was back for my 1500 nap, LoL … whatcha talking bout ?

Didnt mean to come off as negative. Ive been doing diy maintenance on all my cars for decades and got fairly well versed with the different types of filters. Once you've been around you look at the spectrum of filters in price vs quality. Baldwin Mahle Donoldson Bert and Ernie, and the like are good filters and i would run the any day but i don't feel compelled to chase them down. lots of other choices that ring higher on the price performance curve.

Just and observation from looking at the pictures. it is a nice cut and post, No offense intended,

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks good man... You actually did some work for a change.. feeling all right ??

lol.gif

Dude … did that little job with an LED light before sunrise … hauled stuff to San Antonio (165 miles each way) and was back for my 1500 nap, LoL … whatcha talking bout ?

So.... What are telling me is that you kick more rear end in half a day than most people do in a whole day
lol.gif

Back