Window Auto-down issue

Had an interesting thing happen. I never use that feature knowingly in my Toyota Tacoma, but must have yesterday at a drive-thru. Engine was running, lowered window and it would not raise. Had to turn off engine and wait a few seconds before it would work. Got home and replicated it by using the Auto-down feature. I'm guessing it works by an over-amp situation when the motor stalls, so what is happening now? Bad switch/sensor? Any way to disable the function? Window goes up/down normally otherwise, but I sprayed some silicone in the channel anyway.

I think on a Mazda3 or maybe some other car we had an issue once, you had to go through a procedure outlined in the owners manual if you replaced the battery.. . Kinda of like when you lose power to a garage door opener.
My VW and Wifes Audi had it on all windows unlike some manufactures that do only the drivers window.

Came back to say don't be afraid to use it. One touch down or up, push or pull until you feel a click. I used it all the time on a 2013 GTI I had. Car was bought new and sold to my brother at 166K; travel work miles from wife's job. Never had a power window issue and the Audi hasn't either.

Thanks for the replies. Circuit breaker sounds like a good place to start. Anyone know if it is in the door or elsewhere?

Technically a fuse, not a circuit breaker. There should be a couple box locations, usually one is under the hood and another is in the cabin under the dash on either the driver or passenger side.

Back