Summer blend is now available

in our area
laugh.gif
. Wish it could deliver the warm weather as well
frown.gif

Last edited:
Our fuel prices have went up 50 cents per gallon this week and likely due to summer blend Also more going back to work. Wish I was one but waiting on Ford to open.

I guess it'd be that time again... Our prices are still holding quite steady; saw $1.28 at Sam's and most others in the $1.39-1.59 range.
SPK2000, 50 cents per gallon seems like a pretty extreme jump, though, given the cheapness of crude.
I'm seeing RBOB for June at around 90 cents. $1.50-75 sounds about right to me in most places, maybe $2, given state and federal taxes of 50-80 or so cents, plus margins.

Originally Posted by TmanP
I guess it'd be that time again... Our prices are still holding quite steady; saw $1.28 at Sam's and most others in the $1.39-1.59 range.

Minnesota average price is up about 12 cents a gallon to 1.59 per gas buddy from last week. Locally, most stations have been going up the last two days into 1.59 to 1.69 territory. There are the usual outliers like Costco and Sam's club, but the other stations that were in their territory are all going up now too.. (Filled one car up weeks ago for 1.14 a gallon, yesterday was 1.59 and they've gone up another 10 cents today...)

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Originally Posted by TmanP

Minnesota average price is up about 12 cents a gallon to 1.59 per gas buddy from last week. Locally, most stations have been going up the last two days into 1.59 to 1.69 territory. There are the usual outliers like Costco and Sam's club, but the other stations that were in their territory are all going up now too.. (Filled one car up weeks ago for 1.14 a gallon, yesterday was 1.59 and they've gone up another 10 cents today...)

I wonder if your having some Speedways in the market plays with the price spikes. (I'm southwest of the Twin Cities a couple hours.)
We have few in the area, none in our town, and a smattering in the area, but they aren't dominant enough to play pricing games to the extent they seem to where that's the case.
We mostly have Kwik Trips, Holidays, BP/Freedom, Casey's in the area plus independents. Our town's stations (KT, Clark, Freedom, Casey's, HyVee, and a few others) have held steady at $1.59 but Holiday just dropped to $1.49.
Interesting...

Originally Posted by Slick17601
It's like I'm 16 again...gas is cheap and I'm grounded.

In that case, why not amuse yourself the ways you did when you were 16
smirk.gif

Speedways are Marathon. SuperAmerica (Ashland) sold all their stations to Marathon, and Marathon chose to brand them all Speedway. Unfortunate, as their rep. told me they only carry Top Tier Certified gas at the Marathon-branded stations.

So, we (Twin Cities, MN) just lost 1/2 of our Top Tier Certified gasoline supply. I insist on top tier - I don't need to spend downtime and money on clogged injectors.

I stopped buying gas at Speedway as well when the Top Tier designation went away when they rebranded all the Superamerica's to Speedway. Virtually any other brand of gas here is Top Tier... (Holiday, Kwik Trip, Shell, BP)

Note also, any tie Ashland had gone away many years ago - Ashland was bought out by Marathon in 2004, and sold the refinery and stores to Northern Tier Energy, which was eventually bought up by Western Refining, who sold to Tesoro, which then spun into Andeavor, who sold to Marathon - bringing things full circle back to Marathon again.

Once upon a time, we did have the large price swings driven by superamerica. Since the speedway rebranding, not so much. Locally, the Kwik Trips and Holidays were on the jump before Speedway this time...

Remember when Mobil left the area? They closed the St. Paul Lube Blending Plant, added capacity to the Cicero Lube Blending Plant, and pulled all the corporate gas stations out.

Didn't make enough profit at his last outpost on the edge of flyover country, or so I was told by the Cicero Plant folks.

Back