Name two of the worst movies made!

Originally Posted by csandste
People point to "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as being the worst movie ever but "Eegah" starring Arch Hall, Jr. and Richard Kiel in the title role makes it look like an Academy Award winner in comparison. I'm drawn to it, I'm going to check to see if it's on line. For some reason this was a cult favorite on late nite movies in Milwaukee in the early fifties, long before Mystery Science Theater 3000 picked it up.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Eegah

A movie trying to hit a higher level that I remember as being horrible because I was unwillingly made to go with my crazed teenage daughter was "Velvet Goldmine", which was David Bowie meets Citizen Kane. Had a cast of people I like including Toni Collette, but I remember it as being a pretentious horror. If it's on line, I might have to have another look but suspect that ten minutes will be enough.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Velvet_Goldmine

A very close friend I went to HS with is Arch Hall's son.

Originally Posted by sohccammer427
Plan Nine From Outer Space

Plan 9 from Outer Space is considered by some critics, including Michael Medved, to be the worst film in the history of cinema. So bad it has became a cult classic.

It is absolutely worth watching. Prior to watching it, though, I suggest watching the movie "Ed Wood" from the 90's, which is among my favourites.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by ZZman
Funny, I like many of these movies!

Haha me too!

Me, too. The Crying Game, Clockwork Orange, 48 Hours...all good movies.

Originally Posted by Bud
Clockwork Orange

That was the only movie I could see myself in the shoes of the main character.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by Bud
Clockwork Orange

That was the only movie I could see myself in the shoes of the main character.

I don't think that it deserves to be on this list. The wine scene is great.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by csandste
People point to "Plan 9 From Outer Space" as being the worst movie ever but "Eegah" starring Arch Hall, Jr. and Richard Kiel in the title role makes it look like an Academy Award winner in comparison. I'm drawn to it, I'm going to check to see if it's on line. For some reason this was a cult favorite on late nite movies in Milwaukee in the early fifties, long before Mystery Science Theater 3000 picked it up.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Eegah

A movie trying to hit a higher level that I remember as being horrible because I was unwillingly made to go with my crazed teenage daughter was "Velvet Goldmine", which was David Bowie meets Citizen Kane. Had a cast of people I like including Toni Collette, but I remember it as being a pretentious horror. If it's on line, I might have to have another look but suspect that ten minutes will be enough.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Velvet_Goldmine

A very close friend I went to HS with is Arch Hall's son.

Arch Sr. and Arch Jr. were both fascinating. Equal to Ed Wood in strangeness. Arch Sr. was born in St. Louis and grew up in South Dakota. (I live in St Louis and grew up in South Dakota) Spoke Lakota and had an Indian funeral. Haven't checked recently but someplace on YouTube is (was) a video of Arch Jr. rocking in a club in Pittsburgh (I think)--actually had talent that wasn't in the movie, must have come out decades later. The old man directed and got himself into the supporting cast of Eegah. I've been pushed over the edge. Think the complete Eegah is somewhere on YouTube. Gotta watch it tonight. Maybe a double feature with Plan 9. Eegah is one of the few movies whose plot I know by heart.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Taxi Driver, and Soylent Green

Liked Taxi Driver and Soylent Green is one of Charlton Heston's greatest over acting, chew up the scenery performances and there were a lot of 'em. If you watched that and Planet of the Apes back to back your head would explode.

Titanic II (it sunk)

Eraserhead needs a few views. + stuff.

Clockwork Orange! Darth Vader! What's not to love?

Fast Furious, any iteration #1
Any FFFF Marion Morrison move #2

I liked A Clockwork Orange.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Can't remember other than Nicholas Cage being the main detraction.

the one with the infamous bee scene.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
Napolean Dynamite

I thought that movie was pretty funny......"Why are you all sweaty?.....Practicin' my dance moves"

Xanadu 1980!

Good grief that was terrible, even if some people love ONJ....and I always loved her.

Back