Can I reuse a Nissan Transmission pan gasket?

I have a 06 Pathfinder and I want to inspect the transmission filter and magnets after 127k miles. Nissan wanted 45 for just the gasket and eBay wants 30 for it. Is this thing using gold to seal it??? I've seen rubber gaskets at Napa for around 5 bucks would these work? Can I reuse the old one? Or can I just use some red high heat rtv silicone gasket maker by permatex? The OEM gasket is thin so I don't think it's used for a clearance in the pan.

Felpro tranny gaskets are really great. More substantial material than plain rubber or cork.

There are reusable gaskets. The ones I saw were thin metal with a bead of rubber embedded.

[Linked Image]

Here is what it looks like

The atf is definitely not lifetime it even states it in the manual. I think that's some bs Toyota started with the world standard atf. But I've changed my fluid over to Valvoline max life full synthetic atf and it has worked really well it shifts smoother and stays the nice red color. The Nissan stuff turned a clearish brown color which I read online was normal when it was worn out.

If its a thin piece of metal I have reused those on Infinities with no leaks. Or even a rubber with metal core is fine to reuse as well.

If its rubber with no metal core then I generally replace those.

Pretty sure I recall paying more than $5, 35yrs ago even for a junker cork gasket.

If some type of metal/rubber laminated gasket is available, those are worth $45 for an application like this IMO.

This was the Napa one I was talking about it's definitely not cork. I just have several other parts to replace and need to use my extra money as little as possible like the OEM gasket costs more than the filter!
If rtv was an option I would prefer that but it doesn't seem l ike it is.

NAPA Gasket

Back