Harry’s razors

I went double edge safety razor and haven't looked back! There's a bit of a learning curve at first but if you're willing to learn and are able to shave in your own bathroom 90% of the time I couldn't think of a better option.

Nothing special. Just a lot of marketing hype. Walmart now carries them. Gillette owns it.

I use them. They are very good. Sharp blades. handle is light and comfortable with a great angle. I also like the sideburn and under nose blade on the other side of the razor. Last few weeks they had a introductory special for $3 or $4 including shave gel ..now I see it is $8.00 including shipping? Even at $8.00 it is worth a try if you are not happy with what you are currently using
BTW they are owned by Edgewell Personal Care which also owns Schick and Wilkinson Sword. They paid $1.37 billion for marketing hype...LOL

I've been using Harry's for the past two years or so. They are nice blades but nothing extraordinary or too different than what's on the market. The way the blade fits onto the handle limits some movement which would not be an issue for a 2- or 3- blade razor but a 5- blade razor? It takes a couple shaves to get used to it . It hasn't been an issue for me but shaving is a personal preference. What ultimately drew me to Harry's was the price. Each blade is $2 and it does last several shaves. My facial hair (and on my head) doesn't grow very fast so I can get away with shaving with a blade 2 or 3 times a week. I use an electric razor in between so each blade lasts me about a month. It's been a money saver for me.

Several years ago I tried Dorco USA. It was the same supplier for Dollar Shave Club. They had 2-, 3-, 5- and 6- blade razors. They shut down their US operations last summer but you can still get their blades on Amazon. Decent quality and amazing prices.

I would say give Harry's a try. They have a "free" trial promotion going on now that may have some strings attached, like subscribing for regular purchases. I would recommend getting the starter kit from Walmart or Target for $9.99. You get the handle and 2 blades. The quality is on par with the more expensive razors, you have to find out if 5 blades is for you. Again, sharpness and quality won't be the issue. It will be the feel of the handle and how the 5 blades maneuvers on your skin.

BTW Harry's is owned by Wilkinson Sword which owns Schick, not Gillette. Gillette is owned by Proctor and Gamble.

Good luck.

I used double head safety razors in my youth and after being dissatisfied with several electric razors I decided to go back.
One word of advice, DO NOT buy any of them till you've held one in your hand.
Because of my youthful experience I bought a Wilkinson, thinking that it would have had the same balance as my old ones, what a disappointment!
It is head heavy, not what you want, you want a razor where the weight is in the handle, that way you can be gentle with the head and it's easy to handle
also don't buy cheap blades, those scrape and do not cut.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tenderloin
I use them. They are very good. Sharp blades. handle is light and comfortable with a great angle. I also like the sideburn and under nose blade on the other side of the razor. Last few weeks they had a introductory special for $3 or $4 including shave gel ..now I see it is $8.00 including shipping? Even at $8.00 it is worth a try if you are not happy with what you are currently using
BTW they are owned by Edgewell Personal Care which also owns Schick and Wilkinson Sword. They paid $1.37 billion for marketing hype...LOL

The only reason I'm not happy with Fusion is the price, but at $2 a cartridge, it's not much cheaper so no point switching. Fusion is usually just a tad more than $2/cartridge when they're on sale so no real savings.

Originally Posted by dtownfb
Several years ago I tried Dorco USA. It was the same supplier for Dollar Shave Club. They had 2-, 3-, 5- and 6- blade razors. They shut down their US operations last summer but you can still get their blades on Amazon. Decent quality and amazing prices.

Yes, I've been using Dorco for years. Finally nearing the end of my stash of blades. Looked on Amazon and apparently the new blades no longer fit the old handles. There are several reviews that say the quality of the blades is no longer what it was. Since I'll need to buy a new handle, thought I'd look for something better than what the Dorco blades have apparently become. A co-worker likes Harry's, so figured I'd see if I could get a few more "reviews" of them here. Thanks for your input!

I tried jumping on various bandwagons for different shavers over the years.
The most painful was trying the electric razor. Boy did my face hurt!

I've tried getting away from the Gillette Mach 3 (as well as turbo etc.), but after feeling the inferior handle and general feel of others, I always came back to the M3.

Originally Posted by loneryder
Gillette owns it.

No. Gillette is owned by Procter & Gamble and has no affiliation with Harry's. Procter & Gamble does own The Art of Shaving.

Originally Posted by dtownfb
BTW Harry's is owned by Wilkinson Sword which owns Schick, not Gillette.

Also no.

Wilkinson Sword does not own Schick. Wilkinson Sword and Shick are both subsidiaries of Edgewell Personal Care.

In February, the FTC sued to blocked the sale of Harry's to Edgewell Personal Care. After the FTC suit was filed, Edgewell dropped their plans, leaving Harry's as an independent company.

Dollar Shave Club is owned by Unilever.

Harry's is my favourite cartridge razor. I've used them for quite a while, although I use my DE safety razor more often that not.

I use Dorco. Bought a case of their blades right before they shut down their website. I have to exercise and eat my vitamins if I expect to outlive my stash.

I use Harry's, switched from Gillette, and haven't looked back for a few years. It was mostly cost. My feelings toward Gillette are that I've paid enough for their razors over 30+ years to have paid for their mansions. I TRIED a $2 razor from Harry's and was surprised I liked it.
Most everything about shaving is a matter of personal preference; I like Harry's razors, but I DON'T like their shaving "gel." I prefer a shaving brush and shaving soap. I DO like Harry's shampoo; haven't tried their soap. Getting off topic...

Convenient delivered to your door. But nothing special.
I decided to go back to buying a boat load of cartridges at Costco.

The starter kit is a good way to test 'em out.

Last edited:
Since I don't have a job any more and have no requirement to shave everyday not much need for razors.

When I do think about it I prefer a Hanlon's razor.

Back