Back to work and better times

First off, I'd really like to say "thanks for ruining my back to work thread" to the few people here that brought forbidden topics into it. That really hurts to do what they did and just NOT listen to forum rules.

I am looking forward to my workplace picking up and my areas economy picking up as well. I know we have so many negative folks here that obviously hate me with a passion by the way.

Anyways to summarize this post about better times and the working class and people in general going back to work; PLEASE PLEASE, NO FORBIDDEN TOPICS!!!

God bless you folks and the workers in this country
smile.gif

Last edited:
I hope everyone throughout the country gets back to normal soon. Fortunately I have been working during the pandemic, (essential service, non-medical). I feel the country is going to experience a financial boom like no other we have ever seen once things start to open up. God bless the United States of America!

I didn't see their comments, but I hope the mods start giving people a vacation from BITOG for doing stuff like that.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
First off, I'd really like to say "thanks for ruining my back to work thread" to the few people here that brought forbidden topics into it. That really hurts to do what they did and just NOT listen to forum rules.

I am looking forward to my workplace picking up and my areas economy picking up as well. I know we have so many negative folks here that obviously hate me with a passion by the way.

Anyways to summarize this post about better times and the working class and people in general going back to work; PLEASE PLEASE, NO FORBIDDEN TOPICS!!!

God bless you folks and the workers in this country
smile.gif

I missed it, what are you talking about? Does anyone here even know you enough to actually hate you?

Yes, I am disgusted by this BS about "The new normal". No. It's not. There is no "new". Just get back to what you were doing and stop trying to be sensational and hashtaggy.

Originally Posted by NickFfromNJ
I hope everyone throughout the country gets back to normal soon. Fortunately I have been working during the pandemic, (essential service, non-medical). I feel the country is going to experience a financial boom like no other we have ever seen once things start to open up. God bless the United States of America!

This is unique. Why?

People are extremists by nature. Many have been cooped up. Leading right into summer, no-less! This is when most rich or over-leveraged Americans choose to vacation. We should have restrictions lifted right in the meat of summer, and people are going to go absolutely WILD! spending money and so forth, whether they have it to spend or not. We are going to see vacationing and luxury purchases like you wouldn't believe, IMO. Look at the beaches in states t hat have lifted restrictions:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...as-Galveston-beaches-reopen-15242531.php

Great for you.

Personally I feel some areas had to do it and the early pioneers will bring actual facts and data what actually happens for better or worst.

We are not opening anytime soon but its bad just south of us over the border. Be careful everyone as my wife works with regular hospital patients just gown/reused no less paper mask and close proximity who have no signs or symptoms. Then finds out three days later they end up in hospital with Covid bad two dying. This is has happened three times over but she and our family never had symptoms but who knows.

Be safe all! I look forward to the return of life!

Good to hear.

I guess Indiana is waking up too. I saw something that it was just going to open, but I guess it'll be in phases too. Barber shops being at the end of the list and it'll be something like 50% capacity.

We aren't out of the woods yet though. Not sure about places where you or where you work, but Menards coming out and saying you have to wear a mask (and that somehow a bandanna is also a suitable replacement?) in order to shop at their stores is only the beginning of the extension of the hysteria I feel. I say good for them, it's their choice, but where were they 2 months ago?

I have been working from home for many years and continue to do so. The only change for me is I cannot get my hair or beard trimmed. Starting to look like a mountain man.

Here's Indiana's timeline over the next two months, subject to change. I've been working from home since March 17 (essential, non-medical), same with my wife. We've been very fortunate the economic hit hasn't affected us. But I'm kind of liking this work from home thing. Always thought I'd have too many distractions, but not the case. Hoping my company expands the number of days we can WFH after the dust settles.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I hope the best for those of you that go back to work and will have elevated exposure to risk. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this grand experiment works out as planned. I've been fortunate to have been able to continue work AND follow CDC common sense guidelines. My workplace is doing everything (and more) to reduce risk, including inordinate amount of procedure and record keeping. I.e., we must take 1 person per vehicle for field work. Almost zero exposure to anyone the past 5 weeks. I don't think my wife would fare well if she caught this disease. Both my daughters are nurses and my son works at Costco, of all places. Needless to say, we haven't seen any of our family in since the beginning.

Glad to hear you are back to work 53' Stud, without the e.

Barber
shops open here tomorrow and salons,,,then life will be ok...……restaurants will seat now only 50 percent, but,, I do not eat out

The last time iI was laid off of work was the real recession of 1981. It was different then and I was able to make real good money driving truck for the line drivers local and painting houses etc. actually It was a great time for me looking back but then hind site is always 20/20. It is always great to get back to work. Being productive and serving a purpose.

Back