Amsoil Boosted 5W-30

Anyone here using this oil or have any history or info ?
Looks a promising oil for turbo motors.

5E997C89-1ACE-4422-AEBC-4D3FFD6BF85A.jpeg

It's Amsoil XL, it's mostly group III base stock at a boutique oil pricing, I'd probably use Mobil 1 EP or PP before I'd use Amsoil XL, and they carry many manufacturer specifications which are important if you care about keeping your warranty on a newer car.

It like regular full synthetic oil because xl is not that great in great in term of $= performance so buy amsoil ss or any other full synthetic will be ok if it meet you car requirements

Really
I'm just searching around for an oil that's a really good oil for an annual change.
My wife drives a 2017 Ecoboost 2.0L and she logs about 6K miles a year.
I've always done 2 changes a year with synthetic oil, but now would like to do an annual change and be done with it !

Open for suggestion !!!ðŸ‘

Yeah, this is a good oil, but there are comparables at lower cost. If you're on their preferred plan, it's does close the gap a bit. I'm doing about 7-8k OCI's on this in the EB. I'm running a UOA next OCI just to see how it's going, but that's going to be awhile (lack of use).

I can't see the cost benefit of using Amsoil but Amsoil puts out a quality blended oils..

Good oil that I would have no problem running in a turbo application.

Our Fleet and Farm has this on the shelves too.

Originally Posted by CT8
I can't see the cost benefit of using Amsoil but Amsoil puts out a quality blended oils..

My thoughts exactly.

10 bucks for 1 quart? I saw 10 quarts of Kirkland @ Costco for 22 bucks today.

9.95 / 2.20 = 4.5 times the cost? That must be some amazing stuff.

Yeap your correct in the fact that Amsoil is an expensive oil
That's very true
But the guys who purchase an oil like Amsoil, Redline, Driven and other boutique oils don't really care about the cost, it's not a money thing to them. In my searching around and the reason for this post Is, I'm looking for a high quality oil that I can do a once a year oil change and forget it.
So if I spend $60 bucks on oil once a year and not have to crawl under my car 3 times a year to change it.
I'll spend the extra cash every time !!ðŸ‘

I still don't get this war on expensive oils. If you want to buy Kirkland no one is stopping you but that doesn't mean other people can't get the warm and fuzzies from buying what they perceive to be a superior product. I have only recently come back here and it used to be a much friendlier place.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
That's very true
But the guys who purchase an oil like Amsoil, Redline, Driven and other boutique oils don't really care about the cost, it's not a money thing to them. In my searching around and the reason for this post Is, I'm looking for a high quality oil that I can do a once a year oil change and forget it.
So if I spend $60 bucks on oil once a year and not have to crawl under my car 3 times a year to change it.

For someone like me who doesn't drink or smoke, it bothers me none spending $8.45 a quart for Schaeffer oil either. In my opinion 60$ a year is nothing if you wanna run Amsoil.

No-one can judge another person on how they wish to spend their money.

That's very true

But you can also get the once-a-year oil change with Mobil 1 Extended Performance or even AP if you want, all from Walmart for less half the price. What else do you get for your $60?

Originally Posted by kschachn
That's very true

But you can also get the once-a-year oil change with Mobil 1 Extended Performance or even AP if you want, all from Walmart for less half the price. What else do you get for your $60?

For You to show up here and give us all your expert knowledge and opinions and your arrogant attitude as usual.

I'd spend $60 more for you to keep your comments to yourself

It's not your money we're spending
So why do you care

See ya !👋👋

Last edited:
That's very true

For You to show up here and give us all your expert knowledge and opinions and your arrogant attitude as usual.

So why do you care

See ya !👋👋

I'll go $75

Originally Posted by Strjock81
That's very true

So why do you care

See ya !👋👋

I'll go $75

I'll raise ya $25
And ALL in !!!!ðŸ‘

That's very true

So why do you care

See ya !👋👋

What I posted was a simple statement of fact that was a direct response to the statements you made in your post. There was no opinion in what I wrote and I posed a simple question to you. I used no "expert knowledge" either.

The anger and snarky attitude of some people who cannot logically defend their favorite brand demonstrates it isn't really about facts, is it? I don't come on here and say you need to keep your opinion to yourself, do I? Or am I (or anyone for that matter) banned from posting in "your" thread unless my post is an enthusiastic support of your opinion?

Such rude and ultimately indefensible comments are being made on only one side of this discussion. The subsequent piling-on by certain individuals shows I'm correct.

I guess when you don't really want to face facts but rather live in an opinion bubble because you're somehow emotionally invested, this is what you get. Hopefully others note this behavior and filter future posts through the past ones.

Back