The Wild, Wild West

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lockdown-turns-nations-highways-into-speedways-11588529544

..Despite the fall in traffic—as much as 90% in San Francisco, for example—officials of the California Highway Patrol say they issued 2,493 citations statewide for driving more than 100 miles an hour between March 19 when the state's stay-at-home order began and April 19—or 1,158 more than the number issued over the same period last year.

One offender was clocked going more than 150 miles an hour, said Officer John Fransen, a CHP spokesman in Vallejo, Calif. "Maybe they feel like the road is more open, but we're out there," he said...

Open roads suddenly turn into the US Autobahn ...
whistle.gif

Same here in Dallas people driving 90+ like its the Texas motor speedway

im in my 30's and hope to never see craziness like whats going on ever again

but doubt it
frown.gif

Dave

It's insane, though a part of me wants to see a Mustang hit a Moose doing 150+mph, preferably set to Metallica's S&M version of No Leaf Clover.

Originally Posted by GZRider
Have to be a Top 10 most metal deaths ever.

That's morbidly funny, and I'm also curious now.

A paid pass to speed legally during off hours on empty roads is something local g could sell to make money.

I bet it'd sell. My run from NYC to nearly the Canadian border would be ideal. I'd pay for that.

Here in Virginia, tickets are generally only being written for egregious behavior on the roads. My brother in law is a state trooper and his division was instructed to not write tickets. Crazy times, if you know anything about Virginia and speeding tickets!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Same here in Dallas people driving 90+ like its the Texas motor speedway

im in my 30's and hope to never see craziness like whats going on ever again

but doubt it
frown.gif

Dave

I can believe this. I was in the metroplex this past weekend and apparently I was holding back traffic while doing 92 in the passing lane. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by Kira
A paid pass to speed legally during off hours on empty roads is something local g could sell to make money.

I bet it'd sell. My run from NYC to nearly the Canadian border would be ideal. I'd pay for that.

Modern cars are much better at handling high speeds and have better brakes and safety systems than in the past. Speed limits should really be revisited nationwide.

Originally Posted by Reddy45

Modern cars are much better at handling high speeds and have better brakes and safety systems than in the past. Speed limits should really be revisited nationwide.

I agree, modern 4+ lane interstates. Perhaps a fast left lane with a 75mph minimum, 95 max.

They call that a plane ticket (current events not withstanding)

Originally Posted by spasm3

I agree, modern 4+ lane interstates. Perhaps a fast left lane with a 75mph minimum, 95 max.

When you have a licensing system that does not educate drivers how to properly handle their vehicles in various situations, when excessive speeding occurs, everyone suffers...regardless of how comprehensive the safety equipment is.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by spasm3

When you have a licensing system that does not educate drivers how to properly handle their vehicles in various situations, when excessive speeding occurs, everyone suffers...regardless of how comprehensive the safety equipment is.

Yep! And I'm sure all BITIOG members feel they are top notch, expert drivers. Kind of like their expertise in motor oil-despite not having a chemical, or other pertinent college degree..................

Back