Pet Friendly Pest Control

Will be purchasing a new home soon........if all goes well.Would like to treat it for termites,ants,spiders etc before moving in.Easier that way ? Are any of you having it done professionally and for how much if I may ask ? And who do you use ? Terminex,Orkin ? Are any of you spraying your own ? What are you using ? Is it pet safe ?

Termites are usually dealt with with bait traps unless they have already gotten in the house. These chemicals change so often tat yu should review them with a reputable service. We have always used a nationally known service when we lived in a house in a heavily wooded area and it really helped with the creepy crawlies.

I use Bifen I/T in a hand sprayer for perimeter application. 1 oz per gallon of water. I wouldn't use it for a flea dip but if used with care and as intended it wreaks havoc on bugs.

It's one those "safe for pets when used as directed" products. Please read up on it yourself and make the call that you're comfortable with. I've only used it as exterior foundation spray not as an overall yard spray. I have no pets, not sure if that's a coincidence or a consequence.

I'm sure the big name outfits must use pet safe products. Perhaps ask your vet next visit. He or she might have info.

Back