XG3614 a better but not that better price

Job

I was adding items to my Walmart cart that were hard to find to get to $35 quickly, and found two XG3614s for $15.05. My Toyota filters for the truck are about 11 years old so I figure a couple XG for better than usual price won't break the bank. Not a great deal but better than usual price. I also notice Supr Techs were up a dollar to $3.97.

Side note I wonder if when refilling a filter and watching how fast the oil level goes down is helpful in deciding if an oil filter is too old to use. My 11 year old T filters take oil fine. Media not hardened up.

I just bought a case of filters that cost me $25 on rockauto. No xgfram but it does the job. I couldn't pay that much for just one. Primuim guard is the brand. Same filter that your toyota uses.

Originally Posted by mpack88
I just bought a case of filters that cost me $25 on rockauto. No xgfram but it does the job. I couldn't pay that much for just one. Primuim guard is the brand. Same filter that your toyota uses.

I got 12 Pro TEC's for the gf's Camry for cheap too.

My bad. It was protecs that's I bought. I have 1 premium guard left for my jeep or Taurus then I'm using my champions on them. I got the protecs for moms saturns and my yorker turbo

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Two for $15.05, or was that each?

Two for 15.02 actually

My two Ultras arrived today, date code A00661 new style boxes, quite a bit grease or lube inside on bypass button which is black.. Seems to be good quality looking at it very closely for excess glue inside etc. Happy with them. No rattle, no dents, box has glued bottom flap and sealed top. They could toughen up that seal, very easy to cut it. I guess this is a Trico made..

Is a production date of March 6, 2020 correct on A00661 date code for a Fram?

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Is a production date of March 6, 2020 correct on A00661 date code for a Fram?

For those who don't know ... it's the 066th day of 2020. The first "0" is for 2020, and "066" is the Julian calendar day. So yeah, Mar 6, 2020.

Last edited:
Back