INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on CBS 5/3/20

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
Good, Exciting, but not as good as the first.

You mean "first" as in first time seeing it?

Serious crush on Karen Allen in this movie FWIW

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
Good, Exciting, but not as good as the first.

"Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark" was the first of the series.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is the first one, Temple of Doom is the second one. Raiders is better, Temple is OK, but not as good as the first (although Mrs. Bullwinkle HATES Karen Allen, makes watching Raiders not as much fun).

Forgot to mention, the movie is worth watching solely for the sound track. When Indy goes into the Well of Souls, there is some serious John Williams music going on there.

edit: it appears to be the map room.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by skyactiv
"........... I've never seen the movie before.

Welcome to May 2020, Rip Van Winkle.

Unfair, dkryan, to say, "Welcome to May 2020, Rip Van Winkle."

So many movies, so little time.....may I add eye-popping prices to see these things in the theaters is a turn off for many (including me).

Hmmm...might be time for a "Your Top 10 Movie List" thread.

Originally Posted by Kira
Unfair, dkryan, to say, "Welcome to May 2020, Rip Van Winkle."

So many movies, so little time.....may I add eye-popping prices to see these things in the theaters is a turn off for many (including me).

Hmmm...might be time for a "Your Top 10 Movie List" thread.

I haven't been to a theater in a couple years now; prior to that, I'd go maybe once a year. I went often as a kid, but we also had a cheap theater next to us. These days I wait for it to come out on Netflix. Assuming I even know about it--since ditching cable, I've stopped watching commercials, and I have no idea what is out there for movies.

There's a few old movies I've been meaning to watch, but these days I tend to end the evening with a book. Less tempting to stay up to all hours of the night that way.

Anyhow... own this trilogy and watch it once a year or every other. There's room under our TV for our favorite movies, and stuff like this we'd go as far as to pay real money for them (like buy them new).

I have seen this movie probably 30 times. Wife and I love it.
Temple of Doom was OK, Last Crusade is probably my favorite of all of them (Love Sean Connery), Crystal Skull was entertaining, but barely better than Temple of Doom.

Originally Posted by blupupher
I have seen this movie probably 30 times. Wife and I love it.
Temple of Doom was OK, Last Crusade is probably my favorite of all of them (Love Sean Connery), Crystal Skull was entertaining, but barely better than Temple of Doom.

Most fans insist there has only ever been three movies made.
crackmeup2.gif

I thought I had read there was another one to come?

Seems to show up on Spectrum's cable line-up every week or so. Liked all the Indian movies, but been shown way too much. Same thing is happening with Top Gun. Seems like AMC shows it every other week. Enough is enough. Get something else to show. Bring back the latest True Grit offering. Showed it in eighteen several times and never more.

Rougher language than I remembered. They left in stuff that never would have made it on network television years ago. There's nothing like gathering the kids around for a classic just in time to hear blasphemous content.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Seems to show up on Spectrum's cable line-up every week or so. Liked all the Indian movies, but been shown way too much. Same thing is happening with Top Gun. Seems like AMC shows it every other week. Enough is enough. Get something else to show. Bring back the latest True Grit offering. Showed it in eighteen several times and never more.

Because the Top Gun sequel is coming out...

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
How did Jones survive the submarine voyage? Never made sense to me.

WW I/ early WW II subs rarely ran completely submerged. Probably ran at periscope depth the entire way to be able to run on diesel engines. .

Back