Why do males, who don't need a BroTruck, buy big trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by NO2
Trucks are super practical. I owned pickups for decades until we went minivan/SUV for the kids.

1. Carry stuff
2. Move Stuff
3. Tow Stuff
4. Safer in a crash
5. Better drivers on dirt roads
6. Better visibility, especially in bad/snowy weather
7. Last longer, a lot longer. My family members who work construction get 20 yrs out of their trucks, 20 years of hard driving and hauling.

Unless it's a ford superduty and you need to replace the front end every 50k miles from just normal use.

Don't know if mine counts as a "big" or "bro" truck as it's a stock crew cab short bed Tradesman, but I bought it because I like it. RWD, 5.7 v8, 4x4 when I need it, and it hauls all the stuff the van can't. What's not to like? In order to get a RWD V8 vehicle otherwise your options are Challenger/Charger/300, or some significantly more expensive luxury car.

I'm also averaging 18mpg. All I want to do to it is a leveling kit and some decent all terrains on the stock 17" wheels. And a Magnaflow muffler.

Something I have noticed driving it, people move out of the left lane on the highway, in the 300 or the van they never move.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Skippy722
Don't know if mine counts as a "big" or "bro" truck as it's a stock crew cab shirt bed Tradesman, but I bought it because I like it. RWD, 5.7 v8, 4x4 when I need it, and it hauls all the stuff the van can't. What's not to like? In order to get a RWD V8 vehicle otherwise your options are Challenger/Charger/300, or some significantly more expensive luxury car.

I'm also averaging 18mpg. All I want to do to it is a leveling kit and some decent all terrains on the stock 17" wheels. And a Magnaflow muffler.

Something I have noticed driving it, people move out of the left lane on the highway, in the 300 or the van they never move.

[Linked Image]

No that is not a big truck or a bro truck. I posted a pic of one earlier

Last edited:
I like white vehicles
27.gif
There is a reason why vehicles come in different colors styles options etc.I like choice.

These 84 month O% loans that sell those trucks will wind up in default long before the payments expire. Same thing with cash for clunkers. A manipulated market is s not a free market

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 5AcresAndAFool
No that is not a big truck or a bro truck. I posted a pic of one earlier

Exactly. Something that's available on the rental car lot is not a bro truck or a brodozer. No one's going to notice a stock 1500 truck.

But YOUR truck pollutes MY air when you circumvent emissions stuff on them. Why is your freedom to own a truck more important than mine to breathe cleaner air? I know this logic will baffle some. But I swear half the brodozers that pass me when I'm biking floor it to create a cloud of diesel as they pass. It's not so much the truck as the lack of respect for others inside the truck. It's like having a truck like that creates a definition of "freedom" that you can walk all over others and violate their rights because you drive a truck and think you're a patriot.

I think brodozers are cool, in the sense that I typically enjoy going to car shows with classic and newer cars. I love cars! But just like the guy on the Harley driving sensibly has to gun it when I'm out for my jog as he passes me so that he can impress me with his loud muffler, it's about respecting each other and not being a self-centered jerk infringing on OTHER people's rights.

The jerk brodozers types need a lesson in they don't get MORE freedom than others. Small minded people. Drive your Harley's, drive your brodozers, but stop acting like you own the world. It's like hunting. I've hunted my whole life. Gone hunting with some who throw trash in the ditch, shoot out of moving vehicles, etc. It's not the truck, it's the mentality of people driving the flashy shiny brodozers that's the problem. Just like there's an ethical and respectful way to hunt. Bad apples ruin it for everyone.

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
But YOUR truck pollutes MY air when you circumvent emissions stuff on them. Why is your freedom to own a truck more important than mine to breathe cleaner air?

All the emissions systems on my Dually are present and in operating order. It's not a "Bro truck" either. It just pulls a 26k+ lb 5th wheel.

Perhaps you should take up your fight with those who actually ARE breaking emissions laws, rather than being critical of those who aren't...

But YOUR truck pollutes MY air when you circumvent emissions stuff on them. Why is your freedom to own a truck more important than mine to breathe cleaner air? I know this logic will baffle some. But I swear half the brodozers that pass me when I'm biking floor it to create a cloud of diesel as they pass. It's not so much the truck as the lack of respect for others inside the truck. It's like having a truck like that creates a definition of "freedom" that you can walk all over others and violate their rights because you drive a truck and think you're a patriot.

I think brodozers are cool, in the sense that I typically enjoy going to car shows with classic and newer cars. I love cars! But just like the guy on the Harley driving sensibly has to gun it when I'm out for my jog as he passes me so that he can impress me with his loud muffler, it's about respecting each other and not being a self-centered jerk infringing on OTHER people's rights.

The jerk brodozers types need a lesson in they don't get MORE freedom than others. Small minded people. Drive your Harley's, drive your brodozers, but stop acting like you own the world. It's like hunting. I've hunted my whole life. Gone hunting with some who throw trash in the ditch, shoot out of moving vehicles, etc. It's not the truck, it's the mentality of people driving the flashy shiny brodozers that's the problem. Just like there's an ethical and respectful way to hunt. Bad apples ruin it for everyone.

YEP! Around here they typically drive like amphetamine addled maniacs, constantly roaring the engine belching black smoke, weaving in and out of traffic cause 'murica! You definitely without exaggeration see this behavior by brodozer drivers half the time but saying its 8 out of 10 drivers of these things is a fair statement at least around here.

Judging by some of the responses here I'm guessing there alot of areas that brodozers don't exist. It's a sight to behold I tell you.

Last edited:
This may have started as a discussion about Bro Trucks but it quickly included all pickup trucks that are driven by people who shouldn't be driving pickups, according to some people. Look at post #6, he talks about fat old guys in their glam trucks and their wives and "sissy sons" driving them, and apparently slowing down in a pickup truck while crossing train tracks is a major problem somewhere. Plenty of comments about buying expensive pickups, stupid and crazy are a couple of the terms used.

And it's not limited to pickups either, there's a commentary about gay fads by girls decorating their Jeeps and making them girly, apparently that isn't acceptable behavior either.

Originally Posted by 02SE
But YOUR truck pollutes MY air when you circumvent emissions stuff on them. Why is your freedom to own a truck more important than mine to breathe cleaner air?

All the emissions systems on my Dually are present and in operating order. It's not a "Bro truck" either. It just pulls a 26k+ lb 5th wheel.

Perhaps you should take up your fight with those who actually ARE breaking emissions laws, rather than being critical of those who aren't...

So it sounds like you're not the type of brodozer owner I was ranting about. I give you my stamp of respectful pickup truck owner!

I posted a thread on what might be the most "alpha male" of vehicles. My conclusion is that the Aston Martin is probably the most "alpha" of vehicles. Cool and capable, not flamboyant yet stylish enough to impress. A second choice might be the Jaguar F-Type R. In my mind, brodozers, while capable, are mostly for show, and therefore significantly lower on the "alpha male" scale. I put them in the same category as "donks" (cars with 29 inch wheels and rubber band tires) and "bosozoku" (extreme negative camber Japanese cars)

[Linked Image from photos7.motorcar.com]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 02SE

So it sounds like you're not the type of brodozer owner I was ranting about. I give you my stamp of respectful pickup truck owner!

I'm so relieved.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I posted a thread on what might be the most "alpha male" of vehicles. My conclusion is that the Aston Martin is probably the most "alpha" of vehicles. Cool and capable, yet not flamboyant. A second choice might be the Jaguar F-Type R. In my mind, brodozers, while capable, are mostly for show, and therefore not very "alpha male".

Aston makes some of the most gorgeous looking vehicles ever. Alfa's are a close second.

Regarding deleted diesels, yeah I'm not impressed by rolling coal. It's only cool at tractor pulling competitions.

Originally Posted by Kestas
I remember the days when a girl wouldn't be caught dead going on a date with a guy in a truck.

Those must have been some strange days...I'm curious, what would the implication be if a girl was seen with a guy in a truck, that she chewed tobacco?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Cujet
I posted a thread on what might be the most "alpha male" of vehicles. My conclusion is that the Aston Martin is probably the most "alpha" of vehicles. Cool and capable, yet not flamboyant. A second choice might be the Jaguar F-Type R. In my mind, brodozers, while capable, are mostly for show, and therefore not very "alpha male".

Aston makes some of the most gorgeous looking vehicles ever. Alfa's are a close second.

Regarding deleted diesels, yeah I'm not impressed by rolling coal. It's only cool at tractor pulling competitions.

And it's not just brodozers. It's the attitude of some people in general. Whether it's a brodozer, Harley, 4-banger with a 10 inch diameter exhaust, etc. Everyone has rights. Are you out infringing on others by rolling coal on them, giving your Harley the beans as you pass people walking, driving your [censored] can 4-banger in first gear at 1am through a residential area to show how important you are? It's a general acceptance by society that "freedom" is synonymous with "tactless." I grew up in a rural farming area. LOTS of normal trucks and large trucks. But when the losers would come out and throw bottles and trash in the ditches and go muddin' through a farmer's field or make huge ruts down a field road to act all alpha in their jacked up truck, it made the normal truck owners angry. It's not the car, it's the type of person it attracts. And that type of person isn't shamed by society any more because somehow it's patriotic to be a jerk now. Disrespecting others has become a merit badge in some circles. Don't blame the trucks, blame the people in them that never learned manners.

Edit: and I will say most truck owners have acceptable manners. But the rolling coal type need their own town.

Last edited:
So, O2SE, as long as you have manners most of the time (we all slip up occasionally) I won't begrudge your dually ... I know this will help you sleep tonight so I thought it necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back