Why do males, who don't need a BroTruck, buy big trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who believe that it's up to them to decide what other people need, and purchase with their own money, are the ones who are compensating for something.

One of our senior engineers often made fun of his step sons lifted truck. But guess who drove through flood waters, helped him secure things, flip the breakers, and get him out of there.

Trucks aren't my thing, but if you like them-stock or modded-have at it.

My philosophy is. Buy whatever the heck you like- it's none of my business. Just accord me the same privilege.

I despise the Safety Gestapo, the Green Eco-Weenies, assorted busybodies and any other hand wringing bed wetters who want to tell me what I "need" or should drive.

Buying things you don't really need, has become the standard these days. Just look at all the people that have been out of work for a month, but are crying about how they have no money to pay bills. or food, or the rent. BUT, the have a new expensive vehicle , new expensive cell phone, go out to eat 4 or more times a month, take expensive vacations, go out to the nail salon, get their hair done on a regular basis. And pay people to do things for them , they can really do themselves like, mowing their lawn, changing their own oil, painting rooms in their houses. But have little to nothing in their bank account. Buy what you want, just don't look down on people who need some form of assistance because they don't make or have as much as you. Because that check the government is sending out to help you get by, is your welfare check. If you were working and didn't save anything for a rainy day, I don't feel sorry for you.,,,

Sure JJ … Yesterday I was pulling in next to lifted Rubicon with 37's parked at TSC.
Out the door come two women, early 30's I say … in the Jeep they go …
Why ? They can.

I was just thinking something not too long ago about this. I love cars and reading about them and driving them and working on them. Mostly. I have a buddy who buys new mustangs and F150's and whatnot All the time. My brother had an M5 with a V10 and a Ford raptor. I had a coworker who spent every spare penny on his Camaro. I myself cannot do that. I asked myself am I not a car enthusiast? Would a car enthusiast drive a Mazda 6? I like my car. I love my 1995 F150. Maybe I'm just a cheapo. I'd really like a diesel pickup but i never thought to buy one. I do kick myself still for dismissing the opportunity to buy a 7.3 powerstroke for $3k cause a guy needed money.

Originally Posted by Kestas
I remember the days when a girl wouldn't be caught dead going on a date with a guy in a truck.

I knew a girl that got....ummm,.....liked the sound of my old truck and would only play if I drove it to pick her up.

I was wondering who buys these trucks. A lot of them are really expensive like $50-70K, What's the demographics of people buying them?

Paul

Originally Posted by Kestas
I remember the days when a girl wouldn't be caught dead going on a date with a guy in a truck.

I Have had a pickup since 1974 and the girls I dated loved the pick up trucks. Isn't that what they are called PICK UP trucks? Chick magnets.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
and jack up demand/price for those of us who have to have trucks? If I could get away with driving a Corola or Camry, I would.

Sounds like you're jelly you can't afford a bro dozer.

I also don't think bro dozers are impacting the price and availability of XL F350s/similar pickup. You know, work trucks for people that need a work truck.

Why do males, who don't need a BroTruck, buy big trucks

Why does it bother other males? Envy?

Why do guys buy Jeep Rubicons, throw the catalog at it and it never leaves pavement?

Guy up the street has an H3 Hummer, 32 Ford hot rod, some sort of hot BMW coupe, a Chevelle drag car, a Can Am side by side, an older Dodge 2500 truck, and a Prius. Don't understand the Pruis.

Simply to haul💩 around. Lumber, brush,firewood,gravel and the list goes on and on. Oh, forgot #1 reason, haul my boat .
Small trucks are very handy in their own right especially for Joe Homeowner in suburbia. They just don't like to haul or carry much by country boy standards. Once was a time I could use a full size sedan and do most of what a small truck does. You could even haul a decent sized boat with a GM 350 and power glide tranny. Those days are long gone. You couldn't tow a baby carriage with most cars nowdays and the boats got bigger heavier. Personally I swear I'll never have another 6' box for the space reason. Can't close the tailgate on 2x lumber ect.... for me just give me a base model work truck
As for the bigger Johnson🙊 thing I guess that's a societal or group thing. I get it all too well. Onthe job I ditched my issue 686 cannon and got a 3" Glock 23. That was 25 years back and the cannon carriers never let me live it down until I retired . Years later they were still busting on me. They even got visiting outside agency cops in on the gag. It would start with " hey I've heard of you , you're the guy......". I'd say what guy and get ready for it knowing what was coming. He'd usually say " the guy with the girly🥺Gun ". Que the cheer leaders, UGHHHH. They even got some Dominican we'd popped for smuggling dope money, coke or whatever in on the act once. 🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸
So with that in mind I guess you don't want to be the guy who buys a mini truck if you hang around with guys who drive F250s . Rednecks, cops, prison guards, firemen ect. If you do you had better have a very thick skin.

With low gas prices and dealerships desperate to sell trucks, some of these trucks are now affordable with 84 month 0% financing.

The nicer F-150 trucks were Ford's bread & butter for many years, now they are sitting collecting dust.

Off Topic: If I could afford the Tesla SUV that looks like an egg on 4 wheels..... that's the vehicle I'd buy.

I pay my Mazda off in 9 months. I'm gonna celebrate with a major detailing and wax. Can't wait to have title in hand. I will not do what I did last time. Paid it off and traded it in.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
and jack up demand/price for those of us who have to have trucks? If I could get away with driving a Corola or Camry, I would.

Sounds like you're jelly you can't afford a bro dozer.

I also don't think bro dozers are impacting the price and availability of XL F350s/similar pickup. You know, work trucks for people that need a work truck.

I live in a small farm/ranch/oilfield town. Our Ford lot has mostly Super Duty units by far - and bigger than F350 they order for you. They don't sell aftermarket modified (lifted) trucks.
The GM/Ram dealer does … in fact they got cleaned out after hurricane Harvey since lots of folks were diverted through here when the river left it's banks …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back