Why do males, who don't need a BroTruck, buy big trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

They like the looks.

Why do people buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini if speed limit is 65 mph ?
Civic and Corolla can also do 65....

That question has been out there for a while.

An irony is that years ago pick-ups could be had for less because they were sparse. Today they're glam and often way more expensive than cars.

In rural regions it was funny to see a slow and dotty old fat guy exiting his glam truck at the diner....pretending he had been a farmer.

Now you see the wives and sissy sons queening about in bling trucks.

But hey, consumerism is what made this country great, isn't it? Our BIGGEST INDUSTRY is advertising I think.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
and jack up demand/price for those of us who have to have trucks? If I could get away with driving a Corola or Camry, I would.

It is because they are suffering from a napoleanic complex.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
and jack up demand/price for those of us who have to have trucks? If I could get away with driving a Corola or Camry, I would.

People buy the things they want, not the things they need. This goes for everything, not just cars/trucks.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

People buy the things they want, not the things they need. This goes for everything, not just cars/trucks.

And they do it with whatever "leftover money" (or credit) they have after paying their bills.

If you're a marketer and can figure out how to capture this money, you can buy your own private island.

[Linked Image]

I bought this new in 2005, still have it. It has a small BDS lift kit under it, dealer installed. For many years I really enjoyed the added height, you could see everything around you very easily and it was fun to drive. I am now 70 years old with health issues, and the added height is a pain. It's hard to get in and out of and working under the hood without a step ladder is next to impossible. If I get another truck it will be 2 wheel drive and no lift of any kind.

We here in the U.S. are known in studies and across the world as buying more vehicle than we actually need or use. Me too, I am an offender of this myself. I only need a little tiny $#!+box in all honesty.

I think we're all guilty of a little bit of consumerism, esp. in the USA. I don't need a 460 hp Mustang GT either, but it's fun. No one needs a Rolex, Ferrari, Donzi boat, etc. the list goes on.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
Because they're compensating for a tool they dont have.
banana2.gif

Not that I have to give a reason to anybody to own a truck (my trucks are old and I actually do live on a farm, BTW), but I'm 6'6" with a 37" inseam and my frame doesn't usually fit in a car too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back