2019 Prius Prime: Clear Bra and Ceramic Coating

2019 Prius Prime.

The owner requested for the vehicle to be protected against rock chips. During the same visit, he also wanted the paint to be corrected and ceramic coated for easier maintenance.

For prep, the vehicle was washed and then Optimum Ferrex was used for decontamination. This was followed up by a clay bar to remove any remaining contaminants.

All of the painted surfaces were corrected using either Optimum Hyper Polish or TLD's Last Cut Compounding Glaze. Both products finished perfectly when paired with the correct pad, polisher and technique. CarPro Essence was used as a second step on areas that were not receiving PPF; this product acts as a primer polish for certain ceramic coatings.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Although compressed air was used to clean the polishing pads after every polishing cycle, I used a lot of pads during the correction process. Pads become saturated with product (despite cleaning) and this impacts both cut and finish quality. Also, with the curves on this car, I used the 3" polisher a lot!

[Linked Image from ]

Here is a video walk around of the car after all of the polishing was completed but before the ceramic coating and clear bra were applied:

https://imgur.com/a/PyRg5Nw

And these are pictures of the car after the clear bra (PPF) and 1 coat of CQuartz UK 3.0 were applied. The entire front-end of the car (full hood, full fenders, bumper, mirrors and lights) was wrapped with STEK Dynoshield.

Was looking for a blue one last summer-- hate the 5 shades of Toyota grey.

Had to settle for red.
lol.gif

Your owner is a smart cookie. These cars chip on the hoods while otherwise looking great.

The Critic lives in a gorgeous neighborhood. The drive there is stunning.
He is always willing to help others by happily sharing his expertise.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
great job. Did not know you did ppf also.

Originally Posted by RTexasF
Very nice. When did you start doing PPF?

The PPF was sub'ed out.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
The Critic lives in a gorgeous neighborhood. The drive there is stunning.
He is always willing to help others by happily sharing his expertise.

Thanks, but I think the convenience (location) and the schools in your neighborhood have mine beat.

Looks really nice! Like the house and yard too. I am contemplating on what to put on my new 2020 Camry SE. I have either, Adams Ceramic, Klasse SG or Optimum Spray Wax.

Originally Posted by Amkeer
Looks really nice! Like the house and yard too. I am contemplating on what to put on my new 2020 Camry SE. I have either, Adams Ceramic, Klasse SG or Optimum Spray Wax.

Thanks! Of the three, I only have experience with Optimum Spray Wax. I remember it having a decent lifespan but was rather streaky in hot weather.

That is a nice color but I’d never own a Prius at least not of that style it’s ugly lol I like the first generation ones if I had to have one.

Back