Bought a new 2020 Accord

Bought a new 2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T today. Lunar silver metallic paint with black leather interior.

I am sure many of you have seen some of my previous posts discussing '08-12 vintage J35s, '13-17 J35s and other miscellaneous vehicle choices/combinations. I have been looking for a car that'll be good on fuel, fun and I can drive (potentially a lot of mines).

Last week Friday, I went down to Jamestown Honda and test drove a 2018 Accord Touring with 4k miles. In its former capacity, it was the GM's demonstrator car. It had 4k miles on it and had dents, scrapes, scratches and a curb-hit wheel. It did have a black appearance package installed on it. The dealer didn't want to negotiate on the price and I walked. I wasn't paying retail price on a beat '18 for when I can get a '20.

Dealers around me couldn't get or find any Lunar Silver cars. The one dealer local to me couldn't even trade with any close-by dealers. I called up Bianchi Honda in Erie, PA, spoke with a great salesman, negotiated a very fair deal and bought the car. Got a really good value on our Taurus. Was happy all around. This was an awesome car buying experience.

The car is pretty sweet, the upgrade in technology over the Taurus is impressive. I am learning the auto cruise control, lane keep assist, and lane departure features. The 2.0T with the 10-speed rocks. Plenty of power, the torque with the boost is great. The 10-speed shifts quick and smooth, and can [censored] fast if you ask it. Great combination.

Today began the journey once again of the silver, sedan, Accord being parked in my driveway -- a new car, but a familiar friend.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited:
excellent choice!

btw, I was testing two used sedans today too but we could not agree on price

Great car. You went top of the line.
My favorite is the LX Sport. A lotta car and a lotta fun for the money.
I recomment the Accord to a lot of people.

My last one was a 2017. I paid $22,400 for a black LX Sport Special (with leather).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
Congrats. Beautiful car. Don't forget to Fluid Film the undercarriage this fall before the first snow.
smile.gif

I'd suggest doing it while the undercarriage is still clean.

Congrats on the new car, OP.

Good choice. I like the new Accords a lot. Seriously thought of buying a 2019 Sport 2.0 6MT. The 2020 is pretty much identical.

The interior of the Sport is a bit plain but I prefer a manual transmission which you can't get in a Touring. It seems the 2.0 is the better engine as well. Lots of power. The manual transmission suits it really well.

I've had good luck with my 2007 Accord. I think it has a couple of hundred thousand miles left in it.

Congrats!
Great car. I've owned several Accords in the past. I love the new Lunar Silver even though I am a more tanish/pewter fan w/ tan/beige int's. This generation of Accord seems way above its price class.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
CVT?

The 1.5L engine gets a CVT while the 2.0L gets a true 10 speed automatic. Very nice car.

Back