Anyone follow the "Lazer Fund"?

Originally Posted by daves66nova
I've been listening to this but haven't called. Anyone have experience with them?

This one?

https://laserfund.com/free

No experience with it but just one glance at the website tells me it's a slick sales pitch.

It quacks like a duck.

OP can make his own decision, but this guy looks like a classic charlatan.

Will the financial advisor sign a fiduciary statement pledging to act in the best interests of the investor at all times?

If not, do not walk, but rather run away as quickly as possible.

Let me guess. Some kind of high cost insurance product?

Best advice: post the question on Bogleheads. Second best idea, don't ask the question, just read Bogleheads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I kinda feel that after 1,000,000 plays on KGO radio, it should be banned...

I listen to Bill Handel on KFI Los Angeles on iHeart radio at work. California seems to have people swimming in money and there are tons of radio ad spots from investment firms.

Originally Posted by csandste

Best advice: post the question on Bogleheads. Second best idea, don't ask the question, just read Bogleheads.

Please, don't! Bogleheads used to be good, but now its a bunch of sarcasm and foolishness. Some members there even say its now "Reddit investing advice". Here is the latest from Bogleheads:

So that settles it. The market is going down. Right?

A little more bad news and maybe we can get back to our regularly scheduled market crash.

Bear market rally has probably topped out,

Judging by the futures looks like selling at the end of April this year might have been even wiser.

Buckle up. We're diving.

Lets bring this baby bakc down to 2400.

I'm thinking a second big wave of social distancing in the fall (or earlier) might just demoralize the Buy The Dip / FOMO crowd and we could see some real capitulation.

Definitely expecting a volatile first half of May at a minimum.

Cat seems to have run out of bounce.

This powerful bear rally looks to be over for now.

It's looking like the rally's supporters are slowly going home.

I don't have much use for people who CHEER ON market crashes. I guess at some level they get off on seeing people get hurt.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
I don't have much use for people who CHEER ON market crashes. I guess at some level they get off on seeing people get hurt.

I guess it all depends on your timeline and your market perspective.
The people that are shorting the market YTD are making a killing right now.
We should feel good for them, right?!?

And the folks that bought the S&P 500 on March 23rd. They're up 26% in just a few weeks.

Remember, there is money to be made under any market conditions. The trick is to know which technique to use and when to use it.

People who "short the market" is very small percent compared to those who invest and hold.

Yes of course money can be made even if the market goes down, but clearly, market crashes are very bad for the vast majority of investors, and very bad for the USA economy. Sadly some internet posters cheer crashes on.

Did you celebrate when 9-11 caused a crash, or when the financial collapse caused a crash? Both were very bad times for America, as is the issue we are dealing with now.

Did you celebrate when 9-11 caused a crash, or when the financial collapse caused a crash? Both were very bad times for America, as is the issue we are dealing with now.

Are you serious???

I meant did you celebrate the market crash at those times?

Some people who were short in the market made money then and celebrated. I thought you would understand I was referring to the crashes (not the events), sorry if I was not clear.

Originally Posted by csandste

Please, don't! Bogleheads used to be good, but now its a bunch of sarcasm and foolishness. Some members there even say its now "Reddit investing advice". Here is the latest from Bogleheads:

So that settles it. The market is going down. Right?

A little more bad news and maybe we can get back to our regularly scheduled market crash.

Bear market rally has probably topped out,

Judging by the futures looks like selling at the end of April this year might have been even wiser.

Buckle up. We're diving.

Lets bring this baby bakc down to 2400.

I'm thinking a second big wave of social distancing in the fall (or earlier) might just demoralize the Buy The Dip / FOMO crowd and we could see some real capitulation.

Definitely expecting a volatile first half of May at a minimum.

Cat seems to have run out of bounce.

This powerful bear rally looks to be over for now.

It's looking like the rally's supporters are slowly going home.

And this is why i ask here, one (csandste) gives not good advice and someone else corrects with current advice

Dave,

A couple of legitimate millionaires I've met all use low cost ETFs.

gfh77665,

I agree, but you can not ignore all the bad news and warning signs. Real unemployment number quickly approaching 40 million and GDP screeching to a halt, the global economy also grinding to a stop.

My guess is they are selling an annuity product. Probably high priced and not worth it.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

gfh77665,

I agree, but you can not ignore all the bad news and warning signs. Real unemployment number quickly approaching 40 million and GDP screeching to a halt, the global economy also grinding to a stop.

The unemployed are likely temporarily unemployed for the most part. The nation is beginning to reopen as you read this, and some new jobs are being created too (Amazon, etc.). The unemployed are being covered by emergency funding for now, and these benefits will last awhile until things improve. The economy is stressed for sure but it is definitely not "grinding to a halt". Keep the faith. Better days are ahead.
thumbsup2.gif

Sounds like a scam to me. No risk and high reward, and they are selling it to you? Right.

Usually this is sort of a scheme that they sell you a high risk high reward product on a high commission to them, or they make more money selling you the strategy so they have no risk and you have all the risk and somewhat high reward.

This is called gambling, except they are the house. If you look at every transaction with risk and reward in mind you'll start to realize a lot of the high reward products are there to help get rid of things the seller wants to get rid of, and they are artificially propped up to pay the high reward. When they are sold they will stop propping up the assets.

Last edited:
I meant did you celebrate the market crash at those times?

Some people who were short in the market made money then and celebrated. I thought you would understand I was referring to the crashes (not the events), sorry if I was not clear.

Remember, every single stock trade has a buyer and a seller.
Both of those people think they are getting the better end of the deal.
Otherwise, they wouldn't be participating in the trade.
The definition of capitalism is the boom and bust cycle.
The USA version of capitalism has some market regulations in place to smooth the boom and bust cycles but the cycles still occur.

If an investor isn't expecting periods of severe down markets, then that investor is kidding themself. That's just how the world works.

Bearing those facts in mind, any investor must decide if they are going to capitalize on the current market conditions. Otherwise trading would halt and price discovery would evaporate.

No thanks!!!!

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you. I also take advantage of market displacements when I can (I am significantly up this year, so far).

What saddens me is that market crashes = pain for the vast majority of Americans. I just don't feel right enjoying a crash. even if I am up. I think some of boggelheads are cheering too much. JMO.

Back