Clear Bra and Professional Installation

Not sure if this is the right place to stick this but here goes. I just bought a new car and am looking at getting a clear bra professionally installed on the hood, front bumper, and possibly mirrors. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've seen 3M being mentioned a few times on the internet. Also this is more of a long shot, but does anyone know a good place that will install this in Central Texas, preferably San Antonio?

Thanks!

You may also want to consider XPEL. There are several installers in San Antonio, including a Corporate Install Shop. I had XPEL installed on a new vehicle a couple of years ago, and have been completely satisfied with the result.

I've had Suntek ppf ultra installed on 3 oc my vehicles. The 2016 Sorento is still perfect. All 3 installed ppf on:

Front bumper/fascia
Headlights
A pillars
Mirror fronts
Full hood
Roof section in front of sunroof
Door handle pockets to protect against ring damage

The film holds up really well, and protects against all the road sand and salt damage we get in our harsh winters

Probably 60% of the cost of 3M.

Not all installers are created equally. There are good installers, and not so good installers.

Before you commit, ask to see a sample of their work. A bad install looks bad from far away.

I recommend STEK Dynoshield PPF over the other options on the market. It is easy to install on challenging surfaces, has great clarity and the hydrophobic top-coat. Many installers who are doing full-car PPF jobs are using this film with great results. The Suntek Ultra film is also a great option.

I will be posting pictures of a Prius Prime that was just done today with STEK.

Regardless of the film you choose, find a good installer by inspecting the work. Any film will require careful maintenance (they are not as durable as paint when it comes to staining or etching) and may require replacement after 5-7 years if appearance is a top priority.

Edit: in your area, try Jay's Auto Detail in SA. I have met him in person.

https://jaysdetail.com/sales-specials-promotions/paint-protection-film/

Last edited:
I had the Expel Ultimate Clear Bra installed in 2014. It has a 10 year warranty. I had the entire front of the car covered forward of the windshield including all the lights and then side mirrors, rocker panels, rear fender corners(instead of mudflaps) and rear bumper where I'd be loading groceries into the hatch. So far pretty much like new. Adds an extra gloss too.

Back