Owners Manuals

I noticed some manufacturers are great with owners manuals on the Internet and some keep them secret. GM has excellent owners manual you can download for free and better yet are searchable by clicking on the item of interest in the table of contents.

Some manufacturers have available owners manuals where you have to scroll through 500 pages to find what you want.

Some don't want you to see their owners manuals.

Any comments on who has good ones or bad ones?
smile.gif

Last edited:
Just like phone book and newspaper, I think owners manuals will be a download on your phone or sent to email as a PDF attachment thing here soon. Heck many new cars these days dont even have a spare tire !!

Reminds me i need to download and print one for my 2007 Suburban lol
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
VW is about the most annoying to find a manual for, they require you to put in a freakin vin, so to look up a manual you have to go to carfax and find a used car of the same model so you have a VIN to put in.
I've always had good luck with manuals I've downloaded just ctrl+F and type a term in for what I'm looking for (ie. "Viscosity", if you're trying to find what oil you need) and I usually find what I'm looking for pretty quick.

The last few appliances I've bought I had to download the owners manual. It's most likely going to be the future with everything we buy.

Subaru and Toyota both downloaded to my phone as PDFs. Then you can just search for the keywords instead of using the table of contents thing.

Paper shop manuals like Bentley's have pretty much gone away. For some makes you purchase time for online manuals that allow you to print what you need for the specific project you are working on. The good thing is they are actually factory manuals and have ALL the info you would ever need. The bad thing is you have to pay every time you work on a different project.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Toyota and Hyundai couldn't be easier.

It's an interesting one. Once in a while google does not pick it up, but yes, googling Toyota Owners Manuals brought it up. Correct me if I'm wrong but are they a bit light on the fluids recommendations? Test case: Rear Diff fluid for 2015 4 Runner.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/warranty-owners-manuals

Last edited:
The BMW and Mini online manuals are easy to obtain; if you have the BMW Driver's Guide or the Mini Motorer's Guide app you can access the owners manual(s) from your smartphone.

I've heard that Audi manuals are the worst. My friend said that they must have translated them to Chinese first, the into English!
lol.gif

My wife's Audi owners manual is kinda sucky. If you look into towing capacity, the manual states "a trailer for your vehicle is limited to a typical class 1 or class 2 trailer". No trailer weights given.
Don't have a hitch on it.

[Linked Image]

Back