OBD MX Link +

I have one. Bought it direct from them (I don't do Amazon). It's one of the better adapters that will access a lot of the manufacturer specific functions. I use it with the FORScan app for Ford. Works well

My brother has one. He was using one of those cheap Chinese bluetooth adapters with the Torque app. The cheap OBD2 adapter would sometimes fail during driving and the numbers it spat back were hard to believe. The MX+ doesn't seem to autoconnect to his 2008 Sonata as it should be, being that he has to manually connect the adapter in the app each time he goes to use it. I wonder if a firmware update would help. At least it doesn't randomly disconnect or fail like the Chinese adapter did.

I have the older one (its red), I use it primarily with FORscan Lite. It works fine with that. I have used the included app to read codes and it works too. I don't use it to monitor gauges.

Originally Posted by 55Test
My brother has one. He was using one of those cheap Chinese bluetooth adapters with the Torque app. The cheap OBD2 adapter would sometimes fail during driving and the numbers it spat back were hard to believe. The MX+ doesn't seem to autoconnect to his 2008 Sonata as it should be, being that he has to manually connect the adapter in the app each time he goes to use it. I wonder if a firmware update would help. At least it doesn't randomly disconnect or fail like the Chinese adapter did.

The cheap Chinese ones do that, but you don't have to spend this much to get a decent one. The BAFX one gets good reviews too and its much cheaper at $23.

https://www.amazon.com/Products-Bluetooth-Herramienta-escaneo-dispositivos/dp/B005NLQAHS

Originally Posted by Wolf359

The cheap Chinese ones do that, but you don't have to spend this much to get a decent one. The BAFX one gets good reviews too and its much cheaper at $23.

https://www.amazon.com/Products-Bluetooth-Herramienta-escaneo-dispositivos/dp/B005NLQAHS

I've heard good things about BAFX. However, OBD Link MX+ is much upscale.

Originally Posted by painfx

I've heard good things about BAFX. However, OBD Link MX+ is much upscale.

While I agree it's a nice tool, it's pretty limited in that it doesn't do advanced stuff and you can get the Autel mentioned earlier for less money. It's way overpriced for what it is. It was a nice product years ago when you didn't have products like the Autel that did manufacturer specific codes.

I have the older one without the Plus. Use it with Forscan. Reprogrammed a few keys and keypad master codes on 3 Lincolns with it. No Autel will do that for you. They run up to 30% specials from time to time on them. The chip is legit and fast.

Originally Posted by Y_K
I have the older one without the Plus. Use it with Forscan. Reprogrammed a few keys and keypad master codes on 3 Lincolns with it. No Autel will do that for you. They run up to 30% specials from time to time on them. The chip is legit and fast.

It's really the Forscan that does the programming and I believe the BAFX one will work with it which is much cheaper.

Originally Posted by Y_K

It's really the Forscan that does the programming and I believe the BAFX one will work with it which is much cheaper.

Forscan needs a ELM327 compatible chip, which OBD LINK uses. Clones have varying success.

I'm not saying the BAFX won't work, but would encourage someone to check it out if they were considering purchase for use with Forscan.

Back