Surplus stuff

Such a deal: https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Parts-Crown-Vic%2FChevy-Impala-Oil-Filters-Virginia/3129986?h=5000%2Cl2%7CCAN%7CUSA-VA%2Cr%7C92%2Csm%7C0%2Cms%7CM%2Cmf%7C1&rr=0.07692&hitprm=l2%3DCAN%7CUSA-VA&pnLink=yes

How do you get a truck that old to have 500 miles🤔. I've seen a lot of military stuff, played with it too and in my experience it's pretty well toast by the time they dispose of it.

Originally Posted by Driz
How do you get a truck that old to have 500 miles🤔. I've seen a lot of military stuff, played with it too and in my experience it's pretty well toast by the time they dispose of it.

The instrument cluster is newer than the truck.

Or the engines newer than the truck.

Yall see these things as durable, they are and are tons of fun when you respect them, but things do break when theyre in the hands of Private Joe Snuffy who wants to have all the fun but doesnt want to properly maintain them.

I used to be disgusted at how other MOS' took care of their vehicles. Yet I was an M1 Abrams crewmember so my vehicle was my livelihood whether I was mounted on a tank, truck, or other vehicle. 4 guys in a small space? Ya bet im keeping 409 and shop towels handy.

Last edited:
How do you get a truck that old to have 500 miles🤔.

500 miles in X-Y plane, maybe 10 miles in the X-Z plane; those are the tough miles.

I saw a 15-year-old CUCV sold with <2000 miles on it. It had barely been driven and had never been put in 4WD. It had 4 brand new (still had stickers) tires on it.

I don't think those are miles. From my admittedly modest time behind the wheel of a USMC Humvee, I think it's a Hobbs meter.

I think those are hours.

Originally Posted by ET16
Why so many in CA?

National Guard getting rid of a bunch of them?

Storage depot?

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

The instrument cluster is newer than the truck.

Or the engines newer than the truck.

Yall see these things as durable, they are and are tons of fun when you respect them, but things do break when theyre in the hands of Private Joe Snuffy who wants to have all the fun but doesnt want to properly maintain them.

I used to be disgusted at how other MOS' took care of their vehicles. Yet I was an M1 Abrams crewmember so my vehicle was my livelihood whether I was mounted on a tank, truck, or other vehicle. 4 guys in a small space? Ya bet im keeping 409 and shop towels handy.

Dip, cigarettes, and sunflower seeds.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by ET16
Why so many in CA?

National Guard getting rid of a bunch of them?

Storage depot?

Those are at a huge USMC depot near Barstow California

A least when the wife drives it to the market and someone hits her, it may total their car, lol

Back