Does hydraulic anti chafe covering also insulate from high temps?

I have like a 50ft roll of this stuff. I bought some plastic split loom to go over the wiring harness on the firewall of my truck since it disintegrated. I was thinking that I could wrap it with my hydraulic anti chafe covering first, then put the wire loom over the wiring harness as a second barrier. Opinions?

I wouldn't do it myself. It will likely hold in moisture and possibly lead to faster corrosion of the wiring or the wiring covering (newer wire insulation is made to be bio-degradable). Unless you have a chaffing problem, it's probably overkill anyway..

Not all wire insulation is made to be bio degradeable. Good ole 105C PVC still exists.

Stay away from the Soy stuff

Rod

If you mean the wire loom only had disintegrated then I don't see any point. If you mean the wires themselves then you need a true insulating wrap rather than breathable plastic mesh. It might be better than nothing, but so little better that if you do have a legit need, it's not going to make enough difference.

Last edited:
Really the only part that disintegrated is the small area over the exhaust manifold.

Back