Any RUSH Fans Here, Ay?

Rush 2112 favorite . Bought it because of the cover at age of 16 .
hooked.gif
by many album covers . Then " Let the music do the talking " .

IMG_4351.JPG

Last edited:
I tried to like Rush but just couldn't get past the sound of Geddy Lee's voice. They were one of those bands that I couldn't change the station fast enough when they came on the radio.
Maybe if they had hired a man instead of a Smurf for a vocalist I would have had a different opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Neil Peart, being the BEST drummer on planet earth, left us too soon.

He was a really good drummer, But not the best in my opinion.....

1. Vinnie Paul (Pantera)[
2. Chris Adler (Lamb of God)

Who? I'm somewhat familiar with Pantera, but I'm sure neither hold a candle to Peart, Keith Moon, or John Bonham...

Rush was the first live show I've ever seen and they were great. I was never die hard fan but they are top flight musicians...

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Darn I thought you meant America's anchorman.. El Rushbo.

Me toooooooooooo,,,,I've been out of touch for years now...……...I thnk...

Lol! I was the same way. When Red Barchetta came on the radio, I couldn't change the channel fast enough. Then, something clicked and I had to have everything they put out (except the first release. For me, Rush started when Peart was in the band). That was the late 80s. I pretty much only like the instrumental in the last few releases.

Originally Posted by tcp71
Just to update, it's "eh" for proper Canadian linguists. ...œ

Down here in Louisiana we use a word called BEAUCOUP which means a lot, many, etc. But, we spell it BOO KOO. So, by spelling it "AY" and to say it means the same as "EH", I think it's no harm, no foul.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by tcp71
Just to update, it's "eh" for proper Canadian linguists. ...œ

Down here in Louisiana we use a word called BEAUCOUP which means a lot, many, etc. But, we spell it BOO KOO. So, by spelling it "AY" and to say it means the same as "EH", I think it's no harm, no foul.
coffee2.gif

And if it's not a lot … maybe it's just lagniappe !

My Uncle has a country place
That no one knows about
He said it used to be a farm before the motor law
And on Sundays I'd elude the eyes and hop the turbine freight
To far outside the wire where my white haired Uncle waits

Liked Rush from that album which I have on vinyl from way back.
I also like many bands from that era, too many too list.
Hard to believe (part of a lyric) that I'd be listening in my dotage to tracks I liked in my twenties.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger

Who? I'm somewhat familiar with Pantera, but I'm sure neither hold a candle to Peart, Keith Moon, or John Bonham...

That was my opinion.....You know who Pantera is, But not Lamb of God? Most classic rock guys dismiss thrash metal as just noise & never take the time to actually listen to how technically sound these guys are.

But I take the time to listen to Led Zeppelin, Rush, Kiss, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Black Sabbath, The Who, Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers etc

The Beatles & The Eagles make me want to claw my eardrums out, Not the biggest Metallica or AC/DC fan either.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger

The metal drummers today are light years ahead of what a lot of people unfamiliar with the genre would expect. They are, of course, standing on the shoulders of the giants that preceded them.
I'll just leave this here; not because what this guy is doing from the waist up but because of whatever the heck he is doing with those kicks, just casually hanging out back there:

I was trying to catch a glimpse of the setup, but I would go out on a limb and say, because of the mechanism in the below video, its not all as it seems.

Originally Posted by Toy4x4
I was trying to catch a glimpse of the setup, but I would go out on a limb and say, because of the mechanism in the below video, its not all as it seems.

Oh, I have little doubt he's using that double-tapping technique in order to hit those 32nd notes hither and thither.

What about ? Cozy Powell , Ansley Dunbar , Ian Paice or Hal Blaine .

Last edited:
Back