Happy GF-6/SP day!

Well it has been many years in the making because of all the delays, but today is the first official license day for the new oils. I hope to see them on store shelves soon. Is anyone expecting the retail prices to go up with the new specs? Oh and happy Friday!

In all likelihood they are already on the shelves and have been for a while now. Today only means that the companies can start labeling the bottles and jugs as such.

Once again, we have oils focused on addressing LSPI and economy with NO mention of better wear or protection.

Stripping oils of more critical additives to alleviate an uncommon issue only related to some select vehicles but its "backward compatible" so all of us with NO LSPI issue and older vehicles will have to suffer. No thanks...

Originally Posted by PimTac
In all likelihood they are already on the shelves and have been for a while now. Today only means that the companies can start labeling the bottles and jugs as such.

I'm guessing that is why we are not seeing better deals on the shelves, maybe that will change after today. I was expecting to see some cheap oil by now.

Originally Posted by LMG1
Refer to the third item on the list from Mobil's website regarding the GF-6 standard.

Mobil ILSAC GF-6 Info

Thanks LMG1. Just as I suspected. When SNPus came out Mobil1 was already there. When GF-6 came out, same story. They must have looked into the crystal ball when they change their formula in 2012.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Once again, we have oils focused on addressing LSPI and economy with NO mention of better wear or protection.

Wear protection specs haven't changed from SN/SN+.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Originally Posted by racin4ds

Wear protection specs haven't changed from SN/SN+.

It was never meant to it was just the New line of BS!

From PQIA:
[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

My normal oil change typically falls around May, but with C19 I'm waaay behind On miles, so i will probably get to purchase GF6/SP labeled product for my next OCI.

I'm always excited to use new and higher performing products - even if my engines don't specifically "need" them.

Back