Win10 Double Updates

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Anyone else see a double Win10 update install for KB4549951 that took place on two separate dates?

Thought this was strange.

[Linked Image]

Last couple of Updates I got from them hosed my Computer and I had to back them off. You'd think after all the days they could get it right!

A week or two ago, my win10 laptop did this. It downloaded & installed it, rebooted, and then it downloaded the same update again & reinstalled that. However, the second time was the charm.

I have an 8 year old HP desktop that got screwed up by the second of those cumulative updates. I had to do a recovery that took the PC more than 15 hours to complete. Windows 10 sucks, and so do the automatic updates.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
I have an 8 year old HP desktop that got screwed up by the second of those cumulative updates. I had to do a recovery that took the PC more than 15 hours to complete. Windows 10 sucks, and so do the automatic updates.

Thing is ... what's the difference between those two updates? They have the same exact KB number, and if you go to Microsoft to look at the KB details, it brings up the same exact page that describes the update. I can't see any differences between them.

The disgust started with win 7 lots of added garbage and more layers to do things that need to be done. I like windows 95.

Those updates borked 2 intel GPU drivers from Lenovo 720s I've worked on so far. Correlation =/= causation but this happened a couple years ago with HP elitedesk 800 G2s.

Originally Posted by AandPDan
Google KB4549951 and you'll want to uninstall it immediately.

I've seen no problems at all on my Win10 machine after KB4549951 was installed.

Maybe the 2nd update of KB4549951 (as I've shown in the first post) was to correct the issues seen when it first came out (?). I highly doubt Microsoft is going to sit back and do nothing when so many people see issues from one of their updates.

Update - I also noticed update KB4550945 (link below) was done on 4/23/20 on my Win10 machine. So this could be the correction to issues seen by some users in KB4549951.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4550945/windows-10-update-kb4550945

I agree that Microsoft needs get their act together on updates, and ring out updates more for problems before releasing them. I froze my updates for 7 days, and will continue to freeze them until I can verify there are no reported issues with new updates.

Last edited:
Back