Pennzoil's recommendation for 2019 VW/Audi 2.0T

wemay

Site Donor 2023
interesting...
VW508.00 shows as "alternate" (not shown here). This may be the sweet spot ARCO has been looking for.
wink.gif

Screenshot_20200430-061657_Chrome.jpg

That's pretty much a 504.00/507.00 oil. The first oil change I did in our Tiguan, I used Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. The car was a little quieter. I would have stuck with that oil but, I was worried that any engine problems would be blamed on not using the 508.00 specified oils. If I could find a 504.00/507.00 oil with the tracer dye in it, I would definitely use it.

Sweet spot? I run my 2019 VW Passat that requires the 508 0W-20 oil on the Castrol 508 oil of that weight and the car does just fine. I average well over 42 mpg on the highway and the car has great pickup, acceleration and smoohtness. I'll stick to what the VW engineers recommend for the engine.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Sweet spot? I run my 2019 VW Passat that requires the 508 0W-20 oil on the Castrol 508 oil of that weight and the car does just fine. I average well over 42 mpg on the highway and the car has great pickup, acceleration and smoohtness. I'll stick to what the VW engineers recommend for the engine.

Sweet spot in relation to a previous thread with ARCOGRAPHITE. Lol

Fantastic oil and the closest thing Pennzoil has to VW 508, thus the "recommended for" I guess. They should just up and admit they don't have a VW 508 oil yet.

I'm sure it would work very well though, VW 504 is no slouch.

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Fantastic oil and the closest thing Pennzoil has to VW 508, thus the "recommended for" I guess. They should just up and admit they don't have a VW 508 oil yet.

I'm sure it would work very well though, VW 504 is no slouch.

This is my view as well. They know it will work just fine until they formulate their own VW508 product.

Pennzoil is wrong because they are assuming the Passat doesn't have the Budack cycle.

If you punched in Audi A4, it probably won't distinguish between the regular engine and the ultra's Budack engine

Originally Posted by MParr
That's pretty much a 504.00/507.00 oil. The first oil change I did in our Tiguan, I used Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. The car was a little quieter. I would have stuck with that oil but, I was worried that any engine problems would be blamed on not using the 508.00 specified oils. If I could find a 504.00/507.00 oil with the tracer dye in it, I would definitely use it.

You won't find this. Only the 0W-20 has the dye

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Pennzoil is wrong because they are assuming the Passat doesn't have the Budack cycle.

If you punched in Audi A4, it probably won't distinguish between the regular engine and the ultra's Budack engine

I was just typing this same thing in. This is the wrong oil on Pennzoil website.

Originally Posted by wemay
interesting...
VW508.00 shows as "alternate" (not shown here). This may be the sweet spot ARCO has been looking for.
wink.gif

This is the wrong oil. Do not use it! Pennzoil is incorrect!

I made up my mind. I can buy Luqui Moly Longtime High Tech 5W30 (VW502, VW505) oil change kits (6 qts of oil, filter and drain plug) from my local NAPA pretty reasonably - $58.

I made up my mind. I can buy Luqui Moly Longtime High Tech 5W30 (VW502, VW505) oil change kits (6 qts of oil, filter and drain plug) from my local NAPA pretty reasonably - $58.

Why ask the question? Everyone is telling you the same thing for a reason. You should Really do your research on that engine from LONG Term improper oil usage and effects on timing chain wear, valve, CAT damage and other Oiling related issues. Your particular unit may have the variable oil pressure pump system designed around maintaining a certain flow/viscosity

Further more, the is much Less soot and tailpipe residue from the lower SAPs oil. Like the 504.00 than predecessors. Almost no tailpipe soot in my VR6 using 504.00 after 9.5k miles OCI.

This is just one example.

https://youtu.be/MhgZ7_oHVyY

Last edited:
Originally Posted by TheIceStormof06

Why ask the question? Everyone is telling you the same thing for a reason. You should Really do your research on that engine from LONG Term improper oil usage and effects on timing chain wear, valve, CAT damage and other Oiling related issues. Your particular unit may have the variable oil pressure pump system designed around maintaining a certain flow/viscosity

Further more, the is much Less soot and tailpipe residue from the lower SAPs oil. Like the 504.00 than predecessors. Almost no tailpipe soot in my VR6 using 504.00 after 9.5k miles OCI.

Thanks for the video, love the Humble Mechanic -
But my choice is to stick with a higher HTHS motor oil to protect the cam lobes and timing components in my EA888. I'm not saying 508 cannot do so, it just takes a different approach - additive technology. Be it the older specs 502/505 or newer 504 - i will choose one of these moving further. Again, i'm sure 508 will do the job while relying on the additives as well. But my choice is to rely on a thicker oil. I understand what awaits me if engine failure occurs while under warranty.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Happy Birthday, wemay!

Thank you Gokhan ...Š

Well, forget my last rant. Ill be relying on those additives now too. Lol wife's birthday gift to me...
There's another box in her car. Great wife, I'm a lucky man.

20200501_132759.jpg

Last edited:
40k miles worth...

Lol.. good for. Lucky man

10.gif

Well, forget my last rant. Ill be relying on those additives now too. Lol wife's birthday gift to me...
There's another box in her car. Great wife, I'm a lucky man.

thumbsup2.gif

Cool! Congratulations!

That stuff may soon be unobtanium with VWoA switch to Mobil.

Back