Cleaning up your garage or Shop?

Probably a lot of us are spending time to clean up the garage or shop.
I managed to find and put together ( for the first time), 14 pairs of work gloves. I have to admit, I collect gloves.

I have two pairs of Napa gloves, one winter, one summer
2 pairs Of Holmes gloves
3 pairs of Mechanix
1 bright orange pair of gardening gloves, which are too bright to lose.
1 plasticized reusable gloves that I could probably use for oil changes ( but don't)
2 fairly new pairs of leather gloves.
1 Ultra dirty pair for greasy suspensions
2 pairs of leather gloves insulated with Thinsulite for winter.

What I didn't find is my green pair of elbow long creepy looking " Rabbit in the Acid Vat" gloves. I thing one of my kids swiped them for Hallowwen.

Any reportable findings from the Bittogers?

I recently found a few quarts of Quaker State 4X4 10w30 SH rated in my garage....It's from 1994.....My lawnmowers are set for awhile...

I'm moving this week, so yep, I've gone through pretty much every item I own...
cheers3.gif

My Garage needs a clean-up and I need to get rid of a lot of stuff that I've accumulated and never used.

Right now I'm repairing drywall on the ceiling and once that is done along with some interior painting, I'll get stuff cleaned up.

I organized it a bit. Unfortunately, the flooding we had on Halloween it has ruined my garage slab and foundation. Lack the motivation to clean it when it's so rough.

I'm garage impaired.

I could say I'm not a very organized person but that just makes it sound like it's my fault. On a good day, I can find most tools when I need to grab something but if I have to do so without cuss words, without tripping over things or knocking a stack (sounds better than 'pile') of things over, it's better I don't open that door at all.
It can be a bit of a treasure find though. I see a cup of coffee mostly gone from a few days earlier, I'll open a box or drawer and find 3 or 4 hammers..... For a while, I gave up on looking for things after too long and just went to the store to buy "another one".
Got quite a few hammers now and I'll bet I could put on my hands on one if your were to time me in under 9 minutes, 2 curse words and one or two slips and falls. Might even have time to finish off that cup of coffee.

Two car garage, one fits.
Big things are never a problem. My wife finds her car in there every morning on her way to work. I can get my hands on my city bike, my wife's urban cruiser , my mtn bike and my buddies mtn bike. The grand kids bmx thingy is there somewhere too. I've got the soda and brew refridge there and a motorcycle. Even that Honda is easily found and ready to ride when dug out with proper skill and training. I have pretty good luck finding orange hammers, red motorcycles and just about anything that falls on my head.
I've told my wife more than once I'm not sure how it is I'll go but it's probably going to have something to do with the garage.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Probably a lot of us are spending time to clean up the garage or shop.
I managed to find and put together ( for the first time), 14 pairs of work gloves. I have to admit, I collect gloves.

I have two pairs of Napa gloves, one winter, one summer
2 pairs Of Holmes gloves
3 pairs of Mechanix
1 bright orange pair of gardening gloves, which are too bright to lose.
1 plasticized reusable gloves that I could probably use for oil changes ( but don't)
2 fairly new pairs of leather gloves.
1 Ultra dirty pair for greasy suspensions
2 pairs of leather gloves insulated with Thinsulite for winter.

What I didn't find is my green pair of elbow long creepy looking " Rabbit in the Acid Vat" gloves. I thing one of my kids swiped them for Hallowwen.

Any reportable findings from the Bittogers?

The real issue is not finding a pair, but finding a bunch of unmatched single gloves.

Originally Posted by Donald

The real issue is not finding a pair, but finding a bunch of unmatched single gloves.

I have about 20 right handed jersey gloves I ran across a few days ago, back in my masonry days the left one would wear out faster.

The problem I have when cleaning a garage or basement, I find too much cool stuff and spend too much time playing with it.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
The problem I have when cleaning a garage or basement, I find too much cool stuff and spend too much time playing with it.

You are perfectly balanced.

That's my project for next week, even though it's pretty well organized there's room for improvement. I'm sure I'll find some forgotten goodies.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer

Right! LOL

Or I'll get side tracked and start working on something I started a year ago...

I have done some organizing and cleaning though. I installed some big hooks to hang the bicycles up against the wall and I have tossed some junk. Still got a long way to go.

Back