Put in Valvoline Euro VW508.00 0W-20 in the Passat today

Picking up '20 Audi with 2.0L turbo next week. Oil cap calls for 0-20 so suspect the above Valvoline will be a good choice. Is it readily avail?

Originally Posted by tc1446
Picking up '20 Audi with 2.0L turbo next week. Oil cap calls for 0-20 so suspect the above Valvoline will be a good choice. Is it readily avail?

I looked high and low for the 0w20 for my Dad's Passat and found nothing on shelves. I ended up buying Motul specific online. Your dealer should have the correct spec as well if you don't want to order it online.

Originally Posted by BurntMusic
Originally Posted by tc1446

I looked high and low for the 0w20 for my Dad's Passat and found nothing on shelves. I ended up buying Motul specific online. Your dealer should have the correct spec as well if you don't want to order it online.

Ordered some Castrol Edge from ESC Tuning that is VW/Audi specific with 508/509 spec. Oil is green in color. Plan on doing first change of oil/filter at 5,000, and then I have dealer coverage at 10,20,30 and 40K. Audi only calls for 10K changes. I'll probably do some in between. Since VW/Audi have switched from Castrol to Mobil1, perhaps auto stores will start stocking it. I sent an inquiry to Mobil and got the following reply:

"Thanks for writing to us. Building off of Ramón's remarks, if you're looking specifically for Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W-20, our best recommendation right now is going to be a dedicated auto parts store. No one is really stocking this oil at the moment, but it does have a rapidly expanding market. The major auto parts chains have always been great about granting the local store locations the ability to special order the items they don't stock on a daily basis.

The following 6 digit part number should make it easier for them to get the correct oil. This is the part number for a 6 pack of 1 quart bottles, the only current container available.

They are, however, probably going to need to pick up the phone and call their regional warehouse/distribution center to place the order. If the first store clerk you meet doesn't know he/she can do this, it may take a manager. I hope this helps.

Thank you for choosing Mobil,
Jim
Mobil Help Desk Team Lead

If I can help further with this inquiry or with any other questions, please respond to this email or phone us 1-800-ASK-Mobil

If you would like to provide feedback on your experience with us today, please email [email protected]
On Fri, 1 May at 11:09 AM , TSC Americas /SM wrote:
Hi Ted, thanks for reaching out to us !

If you are referring to: Mobil 1 ESP x2 0W-20: https://www.mobil.com/en-ca/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/gl-xx-mobil-1-esp-x2-0w20
• It meets VW 508 00 and VW 509 00 (but no 507) "

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by KCJeep
Wow impressive response from Mobil.

+1

+2

Back