2019 F-150 2.7 Ecoboost PP 5W30 7.5k

This is a gen 2 motor with dual injection and although it's not listed the truck has 15k on the odometer when the oil was changed. I drive 80 miles a day to work just about all highway I was really hoping not to have so much fuel dilution but it did not seem to lower viscosity too badly. Truck was filled with Castrol Edge EP 5w30 this round with a motorcraft filter.

37AA6337-B727-4D0A-A395-8D5FD646975D.jpeg

I realized it cut off some info on the screenshot I grabbed, here is a full version.

B561BB3E-137F-403D-9D6A-98F4FF5A83A2.jpeg

I have about 2500 miles left on this OCI but I will for sure post the analysis results.

Originally Posted by TLOVE
I have about 2500 miles left on this (Castrol EP) OCI but I will for sure post the analysis results.

Many BITOGers here will enjoy reading that one.
10.gif

I'd say it did very good for the miles and the type of engine it is. Still in grade even with FD and still TBN on the table.

1.5% Fuel Dilution on a Polaris Report is nothing. 1.5 ppm iron per thousand on an engine that young is outstanding. The silicon is likely a new engine signature as no indication exist that it's resulting in any wear. It's still a 30 Grade despite PP being less shear stable than some oils. Soot is only 0.1%. TBN is good. At roughly 7,000 - 15,000 mi I really don't see anything that could look any better. You are green to go 10,000 mi OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gene K
1.5% Fuel Dilution on a Polaris Report is nothing. 1.5 ppm iron per thousand on an engine that young is outstanding. The silicon is likely a new engine signature as no indication exist that it's resulting in any wear. It's still a 30 Grade despite PP being less shear stable than some oils. Soot is only 0.1%. TBN is good. At roughly 7,000 - 15,000 mi I really don't see anything that could look any better. You are green to go 10,000 mi OCI.

According to their PDF the SN+ 5W-30 Platinum starts out at a KV of 9.8 cSt at 100C so why would you think 9.4 cSt after 7,500 miles means that it's "less shear stable than some oils"? Below is the PDF.

https://www.shell-livedocs.com/data/published/en-US/1d8c61c5-8d04-43b2-b660-258980b67740.pdf

Originally Posted by Gene K

I like the layout of this analysis and all the stuff it tests for. I'm saving this webpage and will use their listed phone number for a shipping address. My next Wix oil sample bottle is going to this place instead. Testing even includes Soot.

I was impressed how well the regular PP did as far as holding viscosity especially in a GTDI engine I'm sure that the distance I drive to work it allows the oil to burn off moisture and hopefully any extra fuel dilution. I'm with you on this style of report I found them through other people who have posted analysis reports from them and called them up.

I can currently see the report attached to this forum if others can not let me know and ill re upload it.

If there is any oils that anyone would be interested in seeing how it holds up for an OCI in this motor let me know as I will be changing my oil within the next month.

I would be interested in Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w-30, thanks for offering, whatever you choose.

Both Edge EP and QSUD in 5W-30? Somebody is going to make me feel obligated to donate to his Go Fund Me Account.
I have Edge EP in now and I'm planning on changing the oil anyways so as long as its reasonable I'll give it a go.

I'd also be interested in Delo 5w-30 in SN+. I believe it might be one of the higher 100C viscosity 30 weight oils. I'm considering it for warm weather/towing use. A few more pesos than QSUD, though.

I'd also be interested in Delo 5w-30 in SN+. I believe it might be one of the higher 100C viscosity 30 weight oils. I'm considering it for warm weather/towing use. A few more pesos than QSUD, though.
Here in Southeast Texas its been 90+ just about every day the last couple of weeks, except the last few days with some of the rain from Hurricane Hanna, I may look into the Delo. I remember someone on F150forums was asking about HTHS oils and was mentioning Delo 400 XSP which is SN+.

Back