Who Made This Timing Belt?

Just purchased everything for a timing belt change on a '99 Camry from my Lexus dealer. Just looked over the timing belt and I can't find a name. It was made in the US according to the label.
The timing belts I had purchased in the past had Mitsuboshi (sp) stamped on them.
[Linked Image]

And I didn't know they had to go on a certain direction. LOL

Originally Posted by Gebo

That's so that during the installation the marks on the belt will match up with the marks or notches on the valvetrain as required. That belt is for the V-6 model Camry, correct? The two white lines have to match the two notches on the #1 timing cover and the mark on the crankshaft sprocket. It's an asymmetrical distance left-to-right and if the belt is reversed the marks won't line up.

Looks like it is made from hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber....very oxygen and oil resistant material.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Looks like it is made from hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber....very oxygen and oil resistant material.

Are you being a smart aleck?
21.gif

I'm assuming you are relaying legitimate and true knowledge to me. Am I correct?
34.gif

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder

And you're replacing one?

LOL. Too funny!

If the teeth don't line up exactly right, I just adjust my timing to compensate.

The last resort is my secret lube:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by PimTac
Just wait for the next thread.

I replaced my timing belt and now the engine is making noises.

I disagree. There probably won't be ANY noise.
banana2.gif

I am having a hard time getting it around the power steering pump. I don't see the point of those teeth.

I am having a hard time getting it around the power steering pump. I don't see the point of those teeth.

Good joke

[If the teeth don't line up exactly right, I just adjust my timing to compensate.

Usually you turn the distributor clockwise to advance the timing, assuming that's what's needed.

Unless you need to be retarded
wink.gif

Originally Posted by kschachn
[If the teeth don't line up exactly right, I just adjust my timing to compensate.

Usually you turn the distributor clockwise to advance the timing, assuming that's what's needed.

Unless you need to be retarded
wink.gif

lol.gif

I apologize. Sarcasm can be hard to decipher. Sarcasm needs vocalization in order to be effective.

But seriously, I wish I knew how to do this without burning my left forearm. I got the breaker bar sorta wedged in the back side of the radiator.
Those fins really grip when you bend them in the opposite direction. It looks like I'm gonna have to add some black pepper to my coolant system.

I am amazed at the flavor profile you get when you eat Wise chips from a coolant soaked hand. Slightly sweet with a bit of bite that stays on the lips. I just keep licking them.

I better go check my vitals.
20.gif

Last edited:
But seriously, I wish I knew how to do this without burning my left forearm. I got the breaker bar sorta wedged in the back side of the radiator.
Those fins really grip when you bend them in the opposite direction. It looks like I'm gonna have to add some black pepper to my coolant system.

What bolt are you removing? Send pictures.

Back