Suzuki ATV's?

Plow works nicely.
smile.gif
Had a couple inches of slush the other night, really wasn't that bad, but it pushed it like nothing and made the job much faster.

Realized it doesn't have a reverse light--but it does now, curtesy of a cheapo LED from some project. Wired it up to the reverse switch.

Figured out the headlight issue. For some reason it was jumpered from the factory to always have the lights on. No idea... maybe for Canda? Removed the jumper.

Down to two issues: the intermittent 12V loss (which I haven't used enough to find) and the solenoid for the starter--hit the button a few times, nadda. Hit it once more and then it'll work for the next few starts. Methinks I should get one on order and proactively replace.

Got my new ATV tires. Wowzer, I hope to never do those again, a real bear to break the beads, then work with 10" tires, then seat the new beads.

Oh wait I get to do it one more time, thanks to Amazon only sending three of the tires. The other will show up sometime over the next week. Hey, three new tires beats four bald ones.

[Linked Image]

I'm pretty brand loyal to Yamaha.

If you want something simple and reliable any Yamaha with a 250, 350 or 450 engine would be something to look at.

You can find good used wheelers on craigslist etc for not too bad a price.

a Yamaha Kodiak, or Bruin would be something to look at, or even an older Timberwolf or Beartracker, reliable and tough.

****edit, I really need to check the dates on the original post and read the entire thread before I post
laugh.gif

Looks like you got yourself a nice good used wheeler
smile.gif

yeah ATV tires always used to be fun to change, with newer ATVs the wheels have gotten bigger and tires are easier to change

Last edited:
Yeah were they a pain. I suspect half of it was from being 25 years old, but still. When the fourth tire showed up in the mail, it coincided with needing to take my truck into a shop for minor task, so I elected to have them do the job. While removing the final wheel, found that one of the fronts was flat... can't win. So both went in. But hey, sometimes you have to try (and fail) in life.

Maybe they'll come off easier in the future! but I sure hope I never need to try again.

I did see a few Yamaha's on CL, was tempted by them, but this deal was too good to pass up. I am right up against a grand total in this machine. Tempted to pull it inside tonight and work on the winch, remount it that is, so it could be used for more than just lifting the plow.

I have a 2007 Suzuki Eiger.. it's used all spring summer and fall to drag softball fields. It's really used during hunting season. It's used all the time loaded with stands, gear, corn.. it starts in the coldest weather. It's been great I hope yours treats you as well as mine has. I hope I get 20 more years out of it.

Seems to be still going strong. Then again, in all this time, it's gotten all of about 6 miles...
smile.gif
Does what I want it to do, just a yard mule really.

The parking brake cable broke, and it's such a pain to work around the fenders, but it's got a new cable now. However while working on it I found that the aftermarket CV boots gave up and I'll be doing that job, again.

We bought a Suzuki KingQuad 400 4X4 new back in 2011. I still abuse it to this day and have never done nothing but change the oil and filter. Heck, it still has the OEM spark plug in it! It has been a great quad and has never let me down. I don't exactly take great care of it at all and it still performs for me any time I need it here on the farm

Hey supton, if you ever feel like joining a club and riding more, my family belongs to Androscoggin Valley ATV club.

We ride up at Jericho 4-5 times a year and mostly ride in Southern NH. We also attend the Mt Washington ride.

Originally Posted by Zaedock
Hey supton, if you ever feel like joining a club and riding more, my family belongs to Androscoggin Valley ATV club.

We ride up at Jericho 4-5 times a year and mostly ride in Southern NH. We also attend the Mt Washington ride.

I'll keep it mind--I did register it but haven't gotten around to getting off my property. It's racked up a solid 9 miles in my ownership, a tenth mile at a time.
smile.gif
Although it (again) needs a set of CV boots so I should fix that (again) before doing anything serious..

Back