Water bottle question

So the wife and I have been using the 27oz Klean Kanteen brand stainless steel water bottles for a couple years now as they fit perfectly in cup holders including the cup holders on our trail/jogging stroller. Only problem is at 27oz we end up short on water between us, the kids and the dogs during hot summer outings. Now, they do make larger sizes and they do make an absolutely wonderful product... but its not cheap and it is made in China. Does anybody know of a domestically produced alternative stainless steel water bottle? Nalgene makes some great plastic bottles that are made in USA but the wife is stuck on stainless steel...

how about a g.i. metal canteen with metal cup at an army surplus store? leave the cup at home if just out for a simple walk. if out longer bring it as part of your survival kit, can't boil water in plastic.

Hydro Flask. 40 oz. Vacuum Insulated. Stainless steel. We have 4 of them and they work perfectly. Too large for a conventional up holder in a car.

BKR glass bottles may be an alternative. We have used these for years, as drinking from glass doesn't give you that plastic taste of plastic bottles. They are thick glass and very strong, we've never broken one.

Originally Posted by rob1715
Hydro Flask. 40 oz. Vacuum Insulated. Stainless steel. We have 4 of them and they work perfectly. Too large for a conventional up holder in a car.

I started with KleenKCanteen but upgraded to Hydro Flask. Hydro Flask is super insulated and they work great. They are pricey, though. I must have gotten them on sale because I have two of the 24oz bottles. If I wanted bigger, I'd look at the 40oz RTIC bottle for a better price. But the hydrofask is dishwasher safe while the RTIC is not.

Back