2014 F150 3.5EB Tuned 5w-30 Castrol Edge 7.6k OCI

2014 F150 ecoboost using castrol edge 5w30 for a oil change interval of 7,648 miles. Numbers are reported in the image attached. Truck is 93 octane tow tuned with a 180degree t-stat. This oil change interval had over 1.5k miles of towing multiple trailers up to 7k lbs. Lots of cargo weight in the bed of the truck also as I do construction for a living.

f150 2020.jpg

Without knowing too much else the copper seems high. And the TBN seems low. I would not listen to BS's sugegstion to run it to 10K OCI. Your 7500 seems about it for the oil. BS seems to want to push people to go farther and farther on OCI.

Oil cooler? Any reason for copper to be high? Your lead is zero so thats good. When both lead and copper start to go up then something is definetly up.

What is the TBN in a VOA of this oil?

Originally Posted by CT8
Below the universal averages and with a tune and load.

The universal average is pretty bogus. I would not trust that kind of info from BS.

Originally Posted by Donald
Without knowing too much else the copper seems high. And the TBN seems low. I would not listen to BS's sugegstion to run it to 10K OCI. Your 7500 seems about it for the oil. BS seems to want to push people to go farther and farther on OCI.

Oil cooler? Any reason for copper to be high? Your lead is zero so thats good. When both lead and copper start to go up then something is definetly up.

On the back of the Blackstone UOA form is a checkbox- " Are you interested in extended oil drain intervals ?" . That tells them to render an opinion, but I find they almost always give a sentence on that question.

Does it look like it could have improved because this oil was higher viscosity than the previous runs? They all were below normal by the end of the run. I'm not an expert, but comparing them all it looks like fuel dilution and the longer run might have been offset by the higher viscosity which didn't go out of grade.

Also are those not averages for his vehicle and not all vehicles like his?

Originally Posted by Donald

No oil cooler. The copper is 25% below the universal averages. I believe is a previous UOA, they mentioned the universal average numbers are based around the 7500 mile mark.

I agree where 7500 miles on this oil/engine combo is close enough to give me some leeway if I need a few more days before I'm able to find the time to change the oil.

I'm very happy with these results. The oil currently in the crankcase is rotella gas truck and will post results next oil change.

Back