Anybody on Pepcid AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are you may want to stock up now. A study being done in NY hospitals is treating coronavirus patients with the active ingredient in it (famotidine). Apparently doctors in China found persons on the heartburn medication did better in recovering. The NY doctors picked up on this and are now doing a trial where they are given famotidine by IV. I suspect a run on the drug as already Amazon is showing it on back order.

Originally Posted by azjake
I suspect a run on the drug as already Amazon is showing it on back order.

No surprise there, as we keep seeing that response during this time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy some bacon...

No.
The natural alkaline nature of fresh veggies automatically reduces stomach acid (heartburn etc.), so I have no need for such nonsense.

I take antacid before eating Italian. My favorite was Zantac but they took it off the market. I take like 2 or 3 a month but can't anymore. Actually bought a big bottle of Pepcid as a substitute because that's all that was left in the store. I just need 10 more bottles and I can make a potent Pepcid parenteral preparation.

Tsk. Tsk. Corona virus treatment stuff.
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Tsk. Tsk. Corona virus treatment stuff.
coffee2.gif

It's more a PSA for those folks who won't be able to get antacids. Cause people will buy them all out from the stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back