Castrol 0W-40 price shock!

Originally Posted by zmelli
Castrol 0w-40 price shock! Check todays price! What is going on here?

Where? Walmart? Amazon? Tractor Supply? AZ? AA?

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by zmelli
Castrol 0w-40 price shock! Check todays price! What is going on here?

Where? Walmart? Amazon? Tractor Supply? AZ? AA?

$46.52 on Amazon, same on Walmart website

It's because many online sellers use a program to increase prices when inventory gets low. Castrol probably cannot supply their warehouses with 0W40 at the moment.

Originally Posted by wymi516
$47.xx for a single jug, do you see the 3 jug deal for $57.xx?

Oh brother, I didn't even notice that! Thanks for pointing that out. I was already thinking of a alternative.

Obviously buy the 3 pack at least.....
smile.gif

It looks like there website is fubared. I noted this morning that the 5 qt jugs weren't even available from walmart (only from some 3rd party seller for $47). Now walmart does have it (for the same bloated price). The 3-pack (at a great price) shows as out of stock.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Tell me again why keeping a stash is unnecessary?

[Linked Image]

Holy Moly (sorry couldn't help it) I thought they were single quarts at first glance. That is a lot of oil. I thought I had a bunch.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Touring5
It looks like there website is fubared. I noted this morning that the 5 qt jugs weren't even available from walmart (only from some 3rd party seller for $47). Now walmart does have it (for the same bloated price). The 3-pack (at a great price) shows as out of stock.

Yes, it's just a glitch or mistake. They don't have it available via online sales currently and it's showing it being from WesNew Auto Parts. I'll bet if someone got off of their computer and checked the price in stores, it would be relatively normal....

Walmart, Castrol 0W-40, $24.97 - https://grocery.walmart.com/ip/Cast...ll-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quarts/35931146

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
Originally Posted by Astro14
Tell me again why keeping a stash is unnecessary?

Because you can buy three jugs for $57

Umm... which is out of stock. So good luck with that.
smile.gif

Meanwhile, my shelf of already-paid-for oil is ready to go at less than normal prices thanks to rebates
lol.gif

Back