Kirkland 0W-20 at local Costco

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I guess if I were to pick out a Warren product to use in my wife's new Kia Soul at 5K, I'd go with Warren Oil, instead of Warren Distribution. NAPA near me offers Warren's Mag-1 label.

Spoiler: MAG 1 Is made by Warren Distribution. I tried linking their website to MAG 1 but you cannot go to it any more. They have completely changed their website and not for the good.

Wow - thanks.
Guess I'll be searching elsewhere for some Warren Oil. No Rural King stores around here. Perhaps another Meijer Oil purchase is in my future.
I did run Meijer Syn once 10-12 years ago and again 4-5 years ago. Never recalled complaining about it. Those were our "poor-as-a-church-mouse'' years. Glad those lean years are well behind us now.

Last edited:
Perhaps another Meijer Oil purchase is in my future.

Another Spoiler: Meijer Oil is bottled by Warren Distribution. Do you have something against them?

I have to agree with ka9mnx, it sounds like you are concerned with Warren distro? I'm not judging just curious. It's a pretty large manufacturer and I have used ST for years without hearing a concern that it's a subpar oil.

Originally Posted by jqgz
I have to agree with ka9mnx, it sounds like you are concerned with Warren distro? I'm not judging just curious. It's a pretty large manufacturer and I have used ST for years without hearing a concern that it's a subpar oil.

Their formulas for HMs and regular Supertech syn are the exact same. Several months to a year ago Supertech 5w30 conventional had Dexos 1 labels for a long time...... then suddenly disappeared - vanished from the shelves. It was the only conventional advertised with Dexos /Gen 2....... until perhaps Warren got caught advertising it that way.. hmmm

Just two reasons why I don't want, nor trust Warren Distribution. I have more reasons.
Last night I was made aware that Coastal Oils are part of Warren Oil umbrella. That news eliminated any further interest I had in Warren Oil. I'll stick to the big name-brands.

Originally Posted by jqgz

Lots of haters always gonna hate on other brands. No reason for it at all. Guess it makes people feel great to use "their brand"

I used hundreds of gallons of ST oil in my life without engine problems or damage.

Originally Posted by Oneill5491
Originally Posted by 64bawagon
I saw a sale ad starting April 20th that it was $3 off the 2 jug package, making it an even better deal.

Where did you see this ad?

It was in the last monthly sale ad that we get in the mail.

Last edited:
On line they have 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 for $30 delivered.
I am running 0w20 in a 2015 Altima 4 banger and 5w30 in a 1998 Accord LX 4 banger.

Hard to beat.

Just picked up another 2 jugs yesterday for the sale price, dont really need it but it will probably end up in one of the kids vehicles.

I guess if I were to pick out a Warren product to use in my wife's new Kia Soul at 5K, I'd go with Warren Oil, instead of Warren Distribution. NAPA near me offers Warren's Mag-1 label.

Spoiler: MAG 1 Is made by Warren Distribution. I tried linking their website to MAG 1 but you cannot go to it any more. They have completely changed their website and not for the good.

I'm not sure if someone has already mentioned this or not, but the link to the Mag1 website was buried a bit on Warren Dist's website. Here it is:

https://mag1.com/

Have a good weekend.

For some reason I trust the Kirkland Costco brand but not Supertech from Wally. A friend of mine had a major oil leak (rear main seal after switching to Supertech back in the late 1990s.

The Kirkland Brand has high standards for any of their products. I picked up a box of 5-30 on their sale(still going on). $11 for 5 its of full syn oil that has the highest approvals. How can you beat that.

Originally Posted by loneryder
The Kirkland Brand has high standards for any of their products. I picked up a box of 5-30 on their sale(still going on). $11 for 5 its of full syn oil that has the highest approvals. How can you beat that.

By getting a hot dog for $1.50

Originally Posted by Silverado12
For some reason I trust the Kirkland Costco brand but not Supertech from Wally. A friend of mine had a major oil leak (rear main seal after switching to Supertech back in the late 1990s.

But they're pretty much the same oil, I'm sure your friends rear main was shot before he put the Supertech in.

I used M1 5W-30 in my 2000 Crown Vic starting at 8k miles and at about 30k miles I switched to Supertech Synthetic 5W-30 and noticed a lot of oil seepage at the sealing areas (cam covers, front cover, etc) that wasn't there with M1 5W-30 back in the early 2000s.

I am probably going to change my position on not switching to Kirkland oil on my Tundra. I bought 4 more jugs yesterday for $44 and tax. Probably going to buy some more while it's on sale. That's 2-1/2 gallons of 0W-20 Full Syn for $22. I can change the oil in my truck for less than $25 with a Toyota OEM filter.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
For some reason I trust the Kirkland Costco brand but not Supertech from Wally.

LOL

I have to agree with this. I can say that I have had great service/experience with all Kirkland brand products except maybe one or two. I'm trying to remember what, it was certainly a grocery item.

We PREFER the Kirkland TP, Paper Towels and more stuff over higher priced, name-brand items.

Originally Posted by thooks
I am probably going to change my position on not switching to Kirkland oil on my Tundra. I bought 4 more jugs yesterday for $44 and tax. Probably going to buy some more while it's on sale. That's 2-1/2 gallons of 0W-20 Full Syn for $22. I can change the oil in my truck for less than $25 with a Toyota OEM filter.

$22.00 for Kirkland is a deal when SuperTech is $14.95? Same stuff...

Originally Posted by thooks

Yes. It's $22 for two 5 quart bottles.

Walmart sells two 5-quart jugs of SuperTech for $14.95?

Back