buying oil online

what would be the best site to buy motor oil/filters price -shipping ? I tried rock auto but the shipping seemed high to me any ideas ? thanks

Originally Posted by FT92
what would be the best site to buy motor oil/filters price -shipping ? I tried rock auto but the shipping seemed high to me any ideas ? thanks

I check WMT, AMZN, and EBAY. I've done great with filters on EBAY from time to time. Then there's the typical year end blow outs on oil from AAP and Auto Zone. I also built up a nice stash of Mobil 1 ESP from Napa and combined that with rebates. With a little time and patience you can do quite well shopping around, especially during rebate periods. I always have enough oil on hand to hold me over until the next great deals, and they seem happen often enough for me.

There is no one best site as prices change. You might be able to use a tool or specific price checking website to help. I've bought oil online but if I'm nearing an oil change and going to Walmart anyways, I prefer buying at a store as they have good prices and will occasionally rollback prices on 5 quart jugs. If you drive Euro, check out ECS Tuning.

FWIW - Purchased oil via Amazon and what was shipped wasn't what was advertised. This was Valvoline Advanced SN+ advertised and Valvoline Synpower SN that shipped. Sent it back. The seller dumping the old stock I assume.

Originally Posted by PontiacHO
FWIW - Purchased oil via Amazon and what was shipped wasn't what was advertised. This was Valvoline Advanced SN+ advertised and Valvoline Synpower SN that shipped. Sent it back. The seller dumping the old stock I assume.

Probably the same SKU number.

OP needs patience and to follow the rebate forum for oil. And a shelf to stash dozens of quarts on.
lol.gif
Last fall for example Mobil Super Syn was $3.65 for 5 quarts at Advance, but only (mostly) in 10w30. I can still run it in summertime.

Most of my filters are from rock auto. The shipping isn't bad if you get a dozen, and ship to your work if they allow it-- the price usually drops at checkout when you enter the address. Mess with the quantity until the shipping price goes up, then drop by one.
laugh.gif
I did get burned once thinking I was getting premium black wix filters when they sent jobber grade ones, but this can be avoided by staying cheap.

i buy specialty oils aka real synthetic group IV + V at the best price after searching, others Wallys gots what i need

Back