Detailed the car during vacation

First full exterior detail since I got it in November. While there were no visible swirls/marring, I've been a bit dissatisfied with the clarity and gloss of the paint so I decided to do some polishing. Thanks for reading
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

white paint likes pure carnauba to get that wet shine. i found using meguiard #7 glaze as a wipe on wipw off prior ti a non cleaning carnuba P21s or meguiars yellow wax gave a oily wet shine that was not mirror like that the sealants (Zaino) gave it.

beading doesn't last long (~1month) for this type of finish so it was just when i felt nostalgic. most of the time it got the sealant for protection from bugs and bird bombs,

It does look very good.....whenever I wax/polish my car...I hate to take it out because it doesn't
take long to get dirty again. That's why I'm not as anal about wax/polish products as I am about
oil, ATF, coolant etc...I even use regular old Turtle Wax that I got on sale at AA for $1.65 a bottle.

PS: The Civic SI is very nice does it use the 1.5T or the 2.0T?

Thanks everyone!

Here's what I did :
- 2 bucket wash with Meguiar's Hyperwash
- foam cannon with Chemical Guys Honeydew wash - clayed with Mother's Speed clay
- iron decon with Meguiar's D2002 (would probably just get the Ultimate All Wheel cleaner in the future)
- polished (usually this would be the correction step but there wasn't any visible swirling) with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to smooth out the paint, remove old coating, and enhance gloss
- finishing polish with Meguiar's M205 to further enhance gloss
- ceramic coating with Optimum Gloss Coat - topped with Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating for a sacrificial barrier until the coating fully cures

Back