Parental Alienation Syndrome Awareness Day

Actually the 25th April...Internationally...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/...LljWsYwzS8Ip7uXtzIyHS8TO_0O9ogSzwKqiN7DQ

Recognised as a fact in the US and other advanced countries, where it is treated as Domestic Violence (against the ex spounse), and Child abuse (denying the rights of children to have healthy family contact).

In the current and ongoing hearings into the family courts, it, in Australia has been referred to as a "myth"....

One guy I talked to on another forum had his ex take away the every second weekend that his court ruling madates, for the "child's benefit" during the CV management, and then go straight to HUman Services to get his Child support payments increased by 33% as he was no longer providing "primary care" to his kids.

ANZAC Day was cancelled...I had beers and messaged vets...

DID post that, didn't celebrate it...

It's still ANZAC day here for another hour. I feel like I should be watching St Kilda lose to whoever they are playing this week, and I say that as a member.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
It's still ANZAC day here for another hour. I feel like I should be watching St Kilda lose to whoever they are playing this week, and I say that as a member.

4PM on the 26th here....

ANZAC Day went on in a small way, but no crowds. We were supposed to stand at our gate at 6.00am to Remember Them. I was woken at 6.00 by fireworks, or gunshots, didn't see anyone at their gate, but it was foggy.

My granddaughter has zero contact with her father, he is not allowed to contact her at all, pays no maintenance costs, and that is just fine with everyone concerned.

My children have zero contact, I've had less then an hour with either of them since Christmas, they won't answer their phones....and I pay SIGNIFICANT maintenance costs...

All of the things that me ex is LEGALLY required to consult with me on (schooling and health included) she hasn't...Was in a shopping centre when I heard her tell my daughter to put her head down and keep walking...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Shannow
My children have zero contact, I've had less then an hour with either of them since Christmas, they won't answer their phones....and I pay SIGNIFICANT maintenance costs...

All of the things that me ex is LEGALLY required to consult with me on (schooling and health included) she hasn't...Was in a shopping centre when I heard her tell my daughter to put her head down and keep walking...

I cannot imagine the hurt and concern this would cause. But while the "put your head down" bit might be considered hearsay, the consultation requirement seems that it would be documentable and enforceable. Not sure how things work at law down there, but hopefully you can at minimum request everything in writing, and a signature by both parties in person.

Sorry that this is the situation for you.

Yeah. It's real. Happens all too often.

Your ex is using the children to strike back at you. It's abuse to use the kids, and their emotions for that goal.

Using kids that way is wrong, and the result of a sick, and twisted, person who has rationalized child abuse and manipulation to punish you.

Your ex is much like mine, and I doubt she'll ever change. Mine never did. 14 years later, and she is still bitter, angry, and miserable. She claimed I was the source of all her unhappiness. With me fully removed from her life, it's clear that wasn't the case.

Just remember that this is a marathon, and the kids will eventually come to realize the truth. It's hard for them, because they have to accept that their very own mother put her selfish, petty vendetta ahead of their best interests. That she used them. That's the opposite of what a loving parent does.

That's tough for a kid to accept.

In the meantime, the agreement on contact with the kids is legally enforceable and I would consult with your attorney on how best to enforce it. You need records and proof of your case.

Document everything. Every day spent, or not. Every attempt at contact. Every denial. Communicate with your ex via email or text that allows a clear record of what was said or agreed to. It may be legal (one party consent) to record your conversations with her, in which case, you should do so, again, to have a record.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Originally Posted by Shannow

I cannot imagine the hurt and concern this would cause. But while the "put your head down" bit might be considered hearsay, the consultation requirement seems that it would be documentable and enforceable. Not sure how things work at law down there, but hopefully you can at minimum request everything in writing, and a signature by both parties in person.

Sorry that this is the situation for you.

It's a strange situation...

There are 5 tennets of the family law act
* Separated parents must agree on primary residence of the children (that's been broken)
* They mus agree on shared custody arrangements (that's been broken)
* they must agree on name changes (to the best of my knowledge, that's being upheld)
* they must agree on schooling (broken)
* they must agree on medical issues (again broken).

However, if my bike was in your yard, I could go to the Police with a receipt, or photo, and seek some resolution...not in Oz, with family law.

The mediation that I was seeking for 6 months (and got cancelled by the other party) would provide a document that was signed by both parties, but was non binding....however, if you presented contract of sale with two sentences for the bicycle, the contract would be upheld.

Family "law" is Oz is a nosensical farce, and falls back to "posession is 9/10 of the law" (however you define posession)

My dad is a retired attorney and owned a general practice law firm. He has worked on divorce and child custody cases and spoke of the nastiness that can happen. Unfortunately, resolving these issues takes money and even more unfortunate is the time it takes to get resolved. Time because the kid(s) are getting older and these issues don't get resolved fast.

Some fathers will reach a boiling point and do something stupid. Some mothers will do the restraining order trick which if the guy has any guns, he will have to forfeit them to the sheriff and his CCW is void in my state.

Here in the US they say "if you want justice, go to the cat house- if you want to get screwed go to the courtroom"

In most areas here the deck is automatically ( and to a degree politically) stacked against a male.

Fighting these actions is prohibitively expensive and even with a solid case and often a win, the courts often don't enforce their own orders.

Like has already been inferred, many lawyers tell the female to deliberately do things with the intent to provoke because the system is biased and they all know it and weaponize it.

Originally Posted by cjcride
^ then "all equal before the law" is a myth?

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

Anyone who doesn't believe that only needs to be a male and go into a Family Court in the US.

No further action required

ETA In other US courts inequalities and preference are not as much gender based as they are on other areas.

Last edited:
Every time I read about your situation, it makes my blood boil. Astro's post really highlights much of the psychology in play here IMHO.

Back