YouTube channel to watch while you're self-isolating

Allen Millard - YouTube

He's made some very interesting custom bikes (one with a Dodge Viper engine, a v-twin using Pratt & Whitney radial aircraft engine cylinders, etc.). His work always looks like it's a production bike out of the factory, he's that good.

Watching his YouTube channel shows he's a completely unassuming, soft-spoken guy who makes his creations by hand in his backyard shed and single-car garage.

Heh, or any other youtube channel. Youtube is a great way to get information, but also a great way to waste away hours till you get to that weird corner of youtube and wonder "how the heck did i get here?".

If you are interested how a modern grain farm (corn and soybeans) runs, millennial farmer on YouTube is a good one to watch too. Another interesting one is chevy dude. He is a car salesman from Louisville, KY and gives you info on how to buy new and used cars and not get ripped off. samcrac is another good one who finds cars at selvage car auctions and repairs them. Another good one mustie1 finds giveaway mowers, generators, tillers and cheap motorized items at yard sales and goes through the steps to get them repaired. These are some of the YouTube channels I have been watching that I find interesting.

That guy reminds me of Burt Munro in the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" who homemade all his stuff.

But Burt did it by hand, not with fancy machines - when he made a conrod out of Caterpillar axles he used a hacksaw and files, 16 hour days.

Originally Posted by Silk
But Burt did it by hand, not with fancy machines - when he made a conrod out of Caterpillar axles he used a hacksaw and files, 16 hour days.

Regardless ...still making unique one-of-a-kind stuff.

Allen Millyard writes a feature or two for the British mag "Classic Motorcycle Mechanics" each month, it's always a good read, he's a genius when it comes to engineering. I know the magazine is available in the US and Canada too.

I've been watching Michael Waller, an older English guy in the US who builds older bikes. I'm watching him put an XS650 engine into a BSA B50 frame using Kawasaki wheels and forks....because I've got an OIF BSA Lightning frame I'm putting an XS650 into, he calls it the YamBSAki.

Hilarious, please send your $$$$$$ to us for various forms of mouse milk, snake oil and magic potions. They definitely help protect your bike via 'the force'. 'Cause we say they do.

Marketing garbage. Do your research, save your money and protect your bike. Not hard at all.

For Aussies, Penrite 10W/40 Full synthetic (Group 3 dino base (actually another myth - oils are mostly plant derived)) is cheap, MA rated and perfectly fine for wet clutches. Even this 'cheap' alternative is about $7 per litre (quart - close enough) when on special, but will suit 99% of bikes out there - check owners manual and stick to the range of recommended viscosity.

Warm your motor thoroughly before pulling the loud handle, change oil, coolant (including radiator cap) and brake / clutch fluids regularly. Keep tyre pressures and chain tension in spec. and treat your bike with a measure of respect and it will basically last forever apart from the consumables of course.

Mustie1; the best! Especially because he is from Sothern NH and knows "rust". I like his personality and his videos are stellar. I do not even know when a hour long video ends, I get so engrossed in it.

He also has no fear aka will take off an unknown carburetor apart without marking anything and will put it back together by just using pure logic and or by memory.

Back