Who makes Mopar Filters?

Any idea who makes the Mopar filters for my 2020 Ram 3500 with the high output Cummins?

Is it Fleetguard?

Thanks!

I think they are made by Magnetti Merrelli. It had been floating around one of the Cummins forums, I cannot verify the information.

It has been 5+ years but the last time I was inside the Purolator plant (now Mann+Hummel) in Fayetteville, NC, they were making both Mopar and Magneti Marelli by the truckload.

The OE Mopar MO-285 is a standard cellulose Fleetguard LF3972 that is rebranded. It's a good filter, 95% efficient @ 30 microns. The LF16035 has the better stratapore synthetic 30 microns at 100% / 10 microns at 60%.

5 years ago where would've those Magneti-Marelli filters been sold? I've never seen one for sale anywhere.

Could they have been shipped to Europe for sale?

I think the filters are used at the FCA dealerships for non FCA vehicles ( Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota etc..) You can probably purchase one at the parts counter or online but they are not targeted for consumer purchases through retail.

Magnetti-Morelli is a brand just like AC Delco and Motorcraft are for GM and Ford. I know MM was shopping around for it's filtration source a few years back.

Back