Share your Hot Toddy recipe

I've taken to knocking back a hot toddy almost nightly, lately, what with all the things going on in the world right now. I don't know, I guess technically a whiskey laced toddy reportedly interferes with sleep quality, but I feel like I've been snoozing pretty doggone good based on how I feel upon waking in the morning (5:00am slarm).

Mine's simple:

One tea bag black tea (decaffeinated)
Water
1 tablespoon wild unfiltered honey (locally made)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 slice of fresh lemon squeezed in (~ 3/8" thick)
1 shot glass favorite whiskey
Nice and hot (I cheat and microwave it)

Stir thoroughly, like a madman. Cinnamon doesn't really dissolve, but a brisk long stir brings out the cinnamon flavor and aroma.

I steep the tea bag long, I like it strong. Nice and dark.

1 healthy shot of whiskey (Scotch or Irish preferred for me but others may like rye, I don't)
Lemon
Honey
Cloves
boiling water...

Mine is pretty simple. Shot of cinnamon whiskey in a cup of hot tea.

Lately I've been making black tea with ginger, cardamom, honey, and lemon, and tossing some cheap bourbon in it. Ginger gives it this nice bite that gets you in the throat.

Might have to experiment but this was just a simple version of coffee;
A bold roast one snowy morning with my usual Italian sweet cream additive then a shot of Bushmills. Maybe I'll try a cinn stick too.
I might be more of a boosted coffee connoisseur than a toddy fan.

Johnny up here boils maple sap in a big old fire fueled vat to syrup, bout half way through the process he scoops out a cup and adds couple shots of Beam fireball.

my wife makes me her chinese hot water mix of honey, fresh lemon, fresh ginger, to which i add a shot of bushmills.

if you are near an asian grocery store look in the korean section for yujacha, a glass jar of a jam-like honey citrus mix. a couple of spoonfuls is mixed in a cup of boiling water to make a delicious and quick nonalcoholic toddy. then add a shot of whiskey.

Attachments

• 74F5AD1D-62DD-4C48-AD22-AB8F7C9A07BB.jpeg
    74F5AD1D-62DD-4C48-AD22-AB8F7C9A07BB.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Back