'13 Honda FIT : NAPA engine oil and transmission crush washers

Anyone use / used the NAPA Solutions oil drain plug gasket NOE 7041954 and Altrom ATM PB3001 automatic transmission drain plug ? Thanks

Last edited:
They're just crush washer's I'm sure they work fine. Personally I've reused the oil drain plug crush washers many times in various Honda's and they generally won't leak unless somebody has over tightened them before. Honda does advise to replace them everytime officially.

I think i did 12 oil changes in my 2012 Fit and used the same crush washer..never a leak.

If i did want to get a new crush washer may as well get a magnetic plug while i was at it.

We get the drain plug washers from the local honda dealer in bags of 50 for the oil plug. I dont like how the aftermarket gaskets fit, they are a bit too big ID for my liking compared to the Honda washers. I think they are somewhere around 50 cents each, 94109-14000. That trans plug gasket is a copper gasket, the factory gasket is aluminum. We keep a few different sizes of them in stock in Genuine Honda. not real expensive.

My drain plug gasket on my 2009 Honda Fit lasted years without a leak. I see posts on people getting all anal on a fricken oil gasket every oil change, I look at their post and shake my head and groan like Lurch of the Addams family.

https://youtu.be/xCc-RWIp7XU

It should be okay

But I had a batch of 18mm aluminum crush washers from Dormant that leaked

Application was a Toyota transmission drain plug gasket

The ones from Toyota looked similar, but they didn't leak

confused.gif
I don't know anymore

Back