VIOC District Mgr called me today...

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Recently I've posted my displeasure where VIOC did not extract all the oil out of the Passat. I voiced my concern and they apologized, offered a free change in the future and I was satisfied. They have always done a great job for me, professional, clean and thorough so this is not a bashing thread.

This morning they call and apologize again. I say it's fine, things happen. To my surprise, the DM then says the free change is not compensation, it's just righting a wrong. So he continued..."If you can make it in today, we will do the confirmed change plus change the oil in the Hyundai for free as well". That's compensation!

I took him up on it and went in. Flawless. The Hyundai got Val Advanced Syn 5w30 and the VW got VW508.00. I also took the time to express my gratitude by emailing Valvoline.

20200424_091007.jpg

20200424_090952.jpg

20200424_090935.jpg

20200424_090859.jpg

20200424_090922.jpg

20200424_090843.jpg

20200424_091215.jpg

That's great. I've always felt VIOC was the best among the quick lube places. So they didn't drain the oil out before?

I wonder if they carry Modern Engine?

Just curious - why don't you DIY your cars?

Originally Posted by buster
That's great. I've always felt VIOC was the best among the quick lube places. So they didn't drain the oil out before?

They use an extractor and didn't get it all out.

Originally Posted by TiGeo
Just curious - why don't you DIY your cars?

No problem, I do about 75% of the time but VIOC gave me a great double coupon discount originally. Plus, I really like the convenience of "20 minute change while you wait in your car" service.

Originally Posted by wemay

Was it due to their negligence or due to some unusual oil pan/dipstick tube design in your engine that makes full extraction not possible?

Nice to read about good customer service, especially to right a wrong
smile.gif
. If your Passat has the "resin" oil pan with the plastic drain plug maybe they are leery of the possibility of having to replace the plug at their expense. So they use extraction to avoid the possibility of needing to replace the plug
21.gif

Whimsey

How do you know they did not extract all of the old oil out? There is always some residual oil left in the engine after draining.

How do you know they didn't ? How do you know they got more out this time ?

At the end of the day, you're worrying about nothing. I guess it's BITOG syndrome....
grin.gif
Don't the same Euro automakers that specify special engine oils for their cars also promote the use of oil extractors vs standard draining via the drain plug in the pan ?

I have been using VIOC on my kids 2 Honda Civics for a couple of years now. Always a coupon, and they always do a decent job. I love hearing stories like this, thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Was it due to their negligence or due to some unusual oil pan/dipstick tube design in your engine that makes full extraction not possible?

I wish I could answer that. But others owning EA888 that do extract say it's very effective.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

How do you know they didn't ? How do you know they got more out this time ?

At the end of the day, you're worrying about nothing. I guess it's BITOG syndrome....
grin.gif
Don't the same Euro automakers that specify special engine oils for their cars also promote the use of oil extractors vs standard draining via the drain plug in the pan ?

Because the subsequent drain revealed 7.5+ qts from a 5.9qt sump. ...³

I'm glad you had a better VIOC experience than I ever did, they routinely tore up stuff (like yanking the oil adapter out of a 4.6 2V Ford van by overtightening the filter too many times) and other unrelated stuff. Never could get a regional manager to call me back, had to call the HQ in Lexington, KY a few times.

...and for those wondering if it's really green...

Is all Val syn green or just the Euro stuff?

Back